"What was she like?" He sounded curious, like he actually wanted to know about her.

I smiled while thinking about it a little bit. "She was the funniest person I knew." I remember back.

She was always cracking jokes, no matter the situation. "I swear, she could've been a comedian." I even smile a little bit.

I wet my lips while thinking about it. "Whenever she danced, she would get lost in the music, kinda like me." I smile.

Everyone that knew my mom says I'm the exact replica of her. I honestly loved hearing it.

It makes me feel like she's still here in a way. "Everyone loved her. No one had anything bad to say about her."

I finally look over at Colby so I can see his face. I couldn't tell what he was thinking of.

"She sounds amazing." He spoke honestly. I weakly smile as I nodded my head towards him.

"She really was." It was nice talking about her like this. It's hard dealing with a loss of a parent, especially at a young age.

I know she wouldn't want me being sad or upset, but I couldn't help it. I just miss her.

My mom really would've loved Colby. They have almost the same sense of humor.

We sat there for a while, me telling him my favorite stories of my mom. He listened intensely.

I don't know how, but it made me feel a lot better. When the sun was starting to set, we both figured it would be a good time to leave.

"Thank you for coming out again. It really means a lot to me." Colby looked down at me as we walked to our cars.

I really want him to know that I really do appreciate it. "Of course, Cassie. I just want you to know you can cry on my shoulder anytime."

He opened the car door so he could get in. My heart started racing a little bit as I thought about something.

"Do you care if I come over tonight? I don't wanna be alone." He makes me feel a lot safer.

And I know if I'm with him, I won't sulk in my room, alone. "Of course. Just follow me and I'll let you borrow clothes."

I thank him while I get into my car. I follow him to his house, music lightly playing through my speakers.

We walk into the house together and straight up to his room. We were going to watch Netflix and hang out for the rest of the night.

I can't stay up too late knowing I have dance for most of the day tomorrow.

I went into his room and changed into one of his band shirts and sweats.

When I walk into his room, he was laying on his bed, scrolling through Disney Plus.

I went over to him and climbed onto his bed. I crawled over to him and laid my head on his chest.

He wrapped his arm around me, making me feel safe. "I could get used to this." I say making myself comfortable.

He placed a gentle kiss on my head, causing me to get butterflies.

He turned on the original Mulan, it being an amazing movie. It's one of my favorite Disney Princess movies.

I couldn't be more grateful for Colby. He took time out of his day to come make sure I'm okay.

Ethan would never have done that for me. "You know, I think we were suppose to meet." I admit to him.

He started rubbing my back while the movie started. "I think we were too." He agreed with me.

I don't know it just yet, but there was a reason why we met. I don't think it was a small coincidence.

Maybe in the future I'll know, but I'm fine with how things are. We laid here for a while, in each others arms.

I feel super safe in them. I felt like nothing could hurt me in his arms. Whenever I lay my head on his chest, and hear his heartbeat, I start to relax.

That usually leads to me getting so calm, I eventually fall asleep in his arms.

I was asleep the whole night. I honestly didn't want to leave the bed when my alarm went off the next morning.

I slowly open my eyes so I could turn it off. I stop my alarm and look around to Colby.

He was peacefully asleep, his mouth was slightly open. I knew if I got up, he wouldn't wake up.

He's the deepest sleeper that I know. He looked so precious when he was asleep.

I slowly squirm out of his arms so I could get out of bed.

I didn't want to leave Colby, but I had to get to dance. I kept his clothes on knowing I was able to dance in them.

As I drove, I couldn't help but think about Colby. He was coming to the competition with Tyler and Avery tomorrow.

I realize that this is the first anniversary that I'm not totally moving fast paced.

I'm trying to distract myself, not taking time to think about my feelings.

Ever since I started hanging with Colby, I feel like things are moving in slow motion.

It's making me see things more clearly. Things aren't so fuzzy anymore.

And I think that's a really good thing.