Chapter 3

The hardly awaited but still requested continuation of this irrelevant fic is here! Enjoy!

-o-

"This is going to be harder than I thought"

"Onii-chan, you have to respect a man's romance!"

"You're both girls"

"You're getting really annoying, Hachiman"

"Yuzuru, I don't want to hear this from you, specially after I saw how you facepalmed a few minutes ago"

"Hachi-kun...I love my sister enough to not get in the way of her dreams, not like you"

"Yuzu-chan...don't you dare doubt the love I have for my sister"

There was static in the air.

'What is going on?'

"Now you see what you've done?! You're both creeping poor Shou-chan out!"

""We did not!""

Shouko was later informed of this interaction.

-o-

It was expected, yet an unwelcome challenge if there ever was one.

Komachi and I were on our second visit to Nishimiya's house. Considering that yesterday, all afternoon was wasted with bonding 'exercises' between my dear and cute little imouto and Shouko.

It really was just both them writing to each other in their respective notebooks.

It was quite late by the time both of them realized how the day was gone. Yaeko-san arrived just in time, looking with an unreadable expression at the scene she had come to. Both Shouko and Komachi giggling like hormonal teenagers and far to the side, little Yuzuru and I watching them inconspicuously from a corner of the room.

I don't blame her. The sight probably looked quite odd.

So, after she kicked us out (read; she gave us a ride home and told us to continue another day), we came the next day without any invitation. I couldn't even warn Shouko, as this was just the result of Komachi's impulsive actions. I mean...I arrived home after my daily routine of going to school, getting some 'love' from my classmates, and sharing a few moments with Shouko while waiting for her mom to arrive.

Imagine my surprise when, the moment I came home, I found Komachi, earlier than normal, fully ready to go out.

"A-Are you going out with some friends?" I asked her...

Foolish me.

"YES! and Komachi is dragging you Onii-chan!"

It was like a stab—Komachi wants to introduce me to her friends?—part of me was delighted, part of me was scared. My sister and I may be siblings, but you couldn't find two people that were more different from each other.

I tried to filter my self doubt. "You sure, Komachi?" but I knew it was useless. I could say 'no', but I couldn't handle saying 'no' to her. I had this stupid idea that it would break her heart, and breaking her heart would break mine.

"What are you on about, Onii-chan?" she looked puzzled for a moment, then shrugged and put on a playful and cute smirk that only she could pull off "Anyway! follow Komachi!" and what followed was the embarrassing display of a ten year-old girl hauling a prepubescent boy in a rather forceful manner with some complaints voiced out here and there.

Half an hour later I realized where we were going.

It became obvious when we stopped in front of a familiar house, and after Komachi knocked three times, the door was opened by a familiar wrinkled face.