Chapter 1

Of course, it was a normal day if my shoes were filled with dirt.

Can I say I hated it?

No, it was more like I just got used to it at this point, better see it as a sign of love...yeah, my shoes were filled with love.

Aaah, keep it up Hachiman...just, deep breaths, think of Komachi and you can go through your day.

Arriving at class I found my desk in its usual state, full of written marks, each one with its own and special grammatical error, stating how creepy and disgusting I am, a few Frikigayas over here, some Hikifrogys there, oh, and how could I ignore the classics, Hikigerm.

I want to puke.

I'm just an elementary school boy, why do my schoolmates hate me so much?

Count to ten Hachiman...if you ignore it, it doesn't matter, you're just going to clean it after class.

I just take my sit, and as customary, a few disgusted and mocking glares were thrown at me.

Perfect. Just my day.

I block it, I numb myself to all of this, closing my eyes. It's another day in my life, nothing more, go through with it and that's all I got to do. It doesn't take long until the teacher arrives, Takeuchi-sensei, or as I like to call him, asshole-sensei. The number of times I went to him to complain about the bullying and he just blatantly ignored my pleads was sickening.

Why did that idiot become a teacher if he's incapable of doing his job?!

I bet he just blame the childrens, telling himself that he can't do nothing because of kids like me.

Like if I'm the problem.

Asshole.

"Listen up! We have a new friend joining us today!" At those words I rise my head, looking at the new arrival, a little girl with a bob cut longer on her sides, pinkish brown hair "Introduce yourself" Asshole-sensei tells her, but she doesn't seem to be listening.

How odd.

"Ah" like remembering something Sensei lightly taps her shoulder "Introduce yourself" he says again when she looks at him.

Then the most bizarre thing happened.

She took a notebook that had written a name in it. 'Nishimiya Shouko' it said.

My classmates started whispering between them.

'I will use this notebook to communicate with all of you. I hope we can all be friends.'

'Please use this notebook when you speak to me'

My eyes widened looking at the next word.

'I'm deaf'

Holly molly.

Now, it's not that it's something that surprising, but...it's the first time in my life that I meet...look at? A deaf person. You know, being a child and all, I thought it was something I would only know of them from the movies and stuff!

Class started as normal, I expected that during lunch my classmates would swarm Nishimiya-san with question, as per usual...can't blame them actually, unlike me, she doesn't have mean eyes.

At least that's what I thought, until certain incident happened.

Asshole sensei asked to read a part of a book, of course, we being kids, weren't able to read particularly well, so...a good teacher would normally show patience while informing the student in which part they made a mistake.

But of course, we are not talking about a good teacher here.

"Speak up! How can you convey the author's feelings with such a tiny voice!"