𝟎𝟐 | 𝐌𝐞𝐡𝐫 𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐚𝐡

En başından başla

She helped Parishey in getting up as she saw blood coming out of her lips and nose. The impact did this. Her right cheek was imprinted with her father's deed. Shafia's eyes filled with unshed tears. The day she married this man, she signed her prison agreement. It may be bad, but sometimes she was jealous of Adnan and Awaiza's relationship. Though she never prayed for anything bad to happen to them.

"Ammi, meri zindagi na barbat kare. Please, mein apke samne hath jorti hon. Muhje usse nahi Shaadi karni." Parishey fell in her mother's feet. She pleaded her mother who only gave her a look filled with empathy.

"Mere hathon mein kuch nahi hai, Pari. Mein bebas hu." Shafia took her daughter in a hug trying to lessen her pain. She, herself, knew the pain to marry a man double your age. She was also sold by her parents. Was it her fault that she was born poor ?

Both mother - daughter duo cried in each other's arm as they understood the pain of one another.

~ ~ ~

The next morning Zaroon woke up feeling delighted. He did isthikara yesterday and from the good vibes he was having this morning. He had his answer. Zaroon got up from his bed and showered with cold water as usual. Today wasn't a day off for him but he was going later than his usual timing.

"As-salamu alaykum, my son." Zaida sweetly greeted her son who knew why he was having the special treatment.

"Wa'alaykum assalam, what is for breakfast today? Sorry I didn't make breakfast." He twisted the conversation to not go where it was heading to.

"It's ok dear. Rabia made your protein shake and parathas." Zaroon nodded while Rabia put everything in front of him. He thanked her and started to eat. Zaida just sat there staring at her son.

"So what did you think ?" She asked crossing her arms on the table.

"Think of what ?" He replied disinterested.

"You know what I am talking about, Zaroon Malik. Now tell me before my chappal lands on your head." She glared at him making him gulp. There was no way back.

"Fine, I accept this proposal of yours since I did isthikara." Zaida's face lightened up with noor. "But, tell me her name at least." Zaida's lips curved into a teasing smile.

"My future daughter-in-law's name is Jannat. Such a beautiful name isn't it ?" Zaroon rolled his eyes at his mother's eagerness. "I will call Awaiza today and tell her that you accepted the proposal." She took her phone.

"Ma, tell me more about her and her family." Zaroon inquired still eating.

"Well, Jannat is the only daughter of her parents. They are not wealthy but they have big hearts. She is a very lovely girl. I am sure she will make our home lively. Her parents are not very educated but they are welcoming. I felt as if I was a part of their family when I went there." Zaida's eyes lighten up at Jannat's mention that made Zaroon wonder what was so special about this girl.

"When did you go there? And that too without informing me ?" Zaroon tone was offended.

"Mein tumhari ma hon ya tum mere baap hon, Zaroon ?" He shook his head immediately and asked her to continue what she was doing. "In short, she is a perfect match for you. I will call Awaiza and tell her that you accepted the proposal. Do you want an extravagant wedding ?" Zaida knew her son liked simple thing.