"How did this even..." Amara wondered, her face softened, all of the crazy stories Kate had told her connecting in her head, "I'm so sorry for not believing you"

"It's okay," Kate smiled down at the raven haired girl, her hand moving to her cheek as she bent down to softly press a kiss to her girlfriend's lips.

"Which movie?" Kate asked as she pulled away, holding the bag out to the girl.

"The Grinch!" Amara smiled pulling it from the plastic grocery bag.

"Put it in, I'm gonna go help him," Kate smiled setting the bag down before heading into the kitchen while Amara turned on the TV and put in the DVD.

"So you really weren't kidding," Clint chuckled as he turned to Kate as she walked into the kitchen.

"Why does no one believe me!" Kate groaned, her arms dramatically thrown into the air when she spoke.

"How long have you two been together?" Clint asked taking a drink from the cup in his hand.

"Uhm officially...almost a year next month," Kate smiled.

"Did you tell her about the tracksuits?"

"Tried but she didn't believe me"

Clint just shook his head as he made his way out to the living room.

Clint sat in the chair away from the two girls on the couch, random frozen foods taped to his arms and legs as he iced his sore bones.

Amara leaned against the end of the couch, her legs resting on Kate's lap, who drew soft shapes in the base of girl's ankle. Amara knew that meant she was thinking, not even paying attention to the movie.

"Clint," Kate looked over at him, making him turn his head away from the TV, "How do we get more trick arrows?"

"Well," he cleared his throat, "There are no more trick arrows."

"Like in the world?" Kate asked.

"You let her use trick arrows?" Amara raised her brow looking over at the tattooed archer.

He nodded at Amara before looking at Kate, "I have a few more trick arrowheads, but you can't just put 'em on any shaft"

"What about boomerang arrows?" Kate suggested.

"What?" Clint's face contorted with confusion, "Why would I ever want to use a boomerang arrow?"

"Because they come back," Kate shrugged.

"Exactly"

"Yeah, well, if all trick arrows were boomerangs, then we'd have them all," Kate said as if it was the most obvious solution ever. Amara lightly shook her head at the girl as she leaned back on the couch listening.

"Coming back at us," Clint clarified.

Kate nodded, "You'd have to...uhm you'd have to dodge."

"Sweetie," Amara spoke up, Kate turned to look at her, Amara just held her pointer finger to her lips.

They all turned back to the movie for a bit, Amara's resting her hands under her head on the arm of the couch, her eyes starting to get heavy half way through but she wanted to stay up, be with Kate and finish the movie but she was so tired. 

Once the credits started rolling, Amara sat up. Kate still sat leaning against the couch, her legs resting on the coffee table.

"Clint?" Kate spoke softly in her usual curious tone, he looked up at her, used to her random questions by now, "Best shot you ever took?"

He looked at both girls as he took a moment, "Uh, the one I didn't take."

"What does that mean?" Kate questioned, removing her legs from the coffee table.

"Uh, it means..." he thought about the right way to answer, "Never mind, shouldn't have said it"

"Oh, come on, you can't do that!" Kate protested.

"Never mind, it's nothin'," he shook his head, standing up.

"What? Come on, consider it my Christmas present," Kate kept pushing.

"No, it's not the right time," Clint tried to shut down the conversation as Kate got up to follow him.

"Kate, let's just go to bed," Amara could tell he didn't wanna talk about.

"I bet it's a good story, c'mon," Kate smiled over at Amara.

The two archers went back and forth for a minute before Amara followed them into the kitchen just in time for the beginning of the story.

"It's... about the time I met someone," Clint started as Amara filled a glass of water, "I was sent to take her out. And when I got there, when it was time...um...I couldn't do it. I just had this feeling that she wanted out. Turns out, I was right."

"Natasha," Amara said, her voice low, looking over at the man leaning against the fridge.

He just nodded. Amara and Kate felt bad for him, they had heard the stories of how close the two were, everyone in the world had.

"She was the best there was," he sighed.

"I'm sorry," Kate apologized, leaning against the counter next to Amara.

"It's all right. It's, uh...when you do what I do for a living," he looked at the couple in front of him. Kate's drive and passion reminded him of Nat. And he has just met Amara but she some how reminded him of her too, "It's just a game of managing loss, right?"

Kate reached for Amara's hand, giving it a squeeze, she couldn't imagine loosing her. Amara rested her head on the girl's shoulder.

"Another movie?" Kate offered with a smile, trying to lighten the mood.

"I need to go to bed," Amara lifted her head, "I have to go to work tomorrow"

"You can sleep in the guest room," Kate smiled at the girl.

"Are you coming?" Amara looked at her with hopeful eyes.

"Kate, you should get some rest too," Clint nodded at the girl.

"I don't know if I can sleep," Kate sighed as Amara started to walk away.

Kate and Clint started towards the living room, where they were quietly starting to talk about the next plan for taking down the tracksuits when a yelp came from down the hallway.

"Sorry!" Amara shouted out to the two who rushed to look down the hallway at her, the blonde pup running towards them.

"I forgot he was in there," Amara smiled at Kate and Clint.

"Why was he...," he looked at Kate, who's cheeks turned red as she avoided eye contact, "Gross!" He shook his head walking away.

Amara giggled turning into the bedroom, almost immediately falling asleep when her head hit the pillow while the two archers came up with a plan to take down the tracksuits. Clint taught Kate some new tricks and she asked more questions about his life as a hero.