Chapter 51

The next day we land the airship for a break, we hope someone will respond to the message that we sent, basically saying if they have a new airbender to contact us.

I walk out of the airship to see Korra use her airbending to toss Naga's ball very far away and the polar bear dog runs to get it.

"While your playing fetch four of the most dangerous criminals are hunting you down, we should get moving," Lin says to Korra and I do see why Lin is concerned.

"Relax we just got here," Korra says as she grabs my hand and pulls me in closer to her and I lean in. "Besides nobody knows where I am right now except us."

Naga then comes running over with the ball in her mouth and drops it right at Lin's feet. "I think she wants you to throw it for her," Korra tells Lin as she points to the ball.

"I'll pass thanks," Lin says as I see Mako and Asami approach us and I smile as I notice they are holding hands, I guess they have finally started their relationship.

"We just got a call on the radio about another airbender," Asami says.

"Finally where are they?" Korra asks them.

"A city called Zaofu, home of the metal clan," Mako says and everyone immediately turns to Lin.

"You know the place?" Korra asked her and she seemed to get nervous.

"Never been... but I don't want you going there. I would rest a lot easier if you were safe back in Republic city," Lin says and I think for a second.

"Lin I'm not even sure Republic city is safe for Korra, don't you think that would be one of the first places the criminals would think to look?" I ask her.

"Even if they did look there at least we could have the entire police force and the united forces protecting her," Lin says but I'm still not convinced.

"Sorry Lin, but if there's an airbender in Zaofu then that's where we are going," Korra says and everyone starts to follow her. I look at Naga who still wants to play a few more rounds of fetch. I clean off the ball with some waterbending and she starts to get excited.

"Okay girl, I can't throw as far as Korra with her airbending, but I can try," We can definitely do a few more rounds before the ship has to take off.

The first throw didn't get very far but she ran after it and brought it back. I decided to kick it and it did go a little further than a throw.

"Iris!" I hear after a few more rounds of me kicking and her fetching.

"It's time to get going babe!" Korra yells and I turn to her and wave so she knows I heard her. I clean off Naga's ball again and pick it up.

"Come on girl!" I shout and she runs to me and leans down, her way of gesturing she wants to give me a ride back to the ship.

I hold on tight to her fur as she starts lightly running to the ship so I don't fall off, she could probably go faster if she was wearing her saddle. We get onto the ship and we take off.

.

.

.

After travelling for a few hours we finally see the giant metal city and it is beautiful. We soon landed and everyone was excited to see the metal city.

"Iris, I want you to stay on the airship with me," Lin says.

"It's her choice whether she wants to stay on the airship or not," Korra said and I shook my head.

"I don't want to make a big deal out of it Korra, I will stay on the ship," I told her and she sighed.

"If that's what you want," she said and I nodded. She gives me a kiss on the cheek. I walk up to Naga and pet her behind the ear.