An Unexpected Class Reunion

Independent Merchant Republic of Fuhren

In the Independent Merchant Republic of Fuhren, Hajime, Yue, Shea and I were in the Fuhren Adventurer's Guild sitting across from a man with slick back blond hair, dark blue eyes, wearing a brown suit over a white shirt.

Ilwa: I am Ilwa Chang, head of the Fuhren Adventurer's Guild. Hajime-kun, Yue-kun, Shea-kun, (YN)-kun, I've been looking for you.

(YN): And why are you looking for us?

Ilwa: There are rumors going around the town of Brooke, rumors of a group of four talented people who easily made their way easily through Reisen Gorge.

Hajime: You've got the wrong group.

Ilwa: I believe your skills would make you well-suited for a request I'd like you to undertake.

Hajime: Not doing it.

We rise to our feet and try to leave.

Ilwa: Mind if I just tell you what it is? Then I won't have to deal with the paperwork.

Hajime: Tch. Can't say we expected less from the head of an adventurer's guild. You've got the right personality.

||||||||||

After the meeting with Ilwa, Hajime and I take our motorcycles with our respective passengers - Yue on Hajime's and Shea on mine - down a dirt road to the the Lake Town of Ur.

Yue: I thought she was strangely quiet, but she's just sleeping.

I turn my head to look behind me at the rabbit who had arms around my waste and her head on my back, smiling as she slept.

(YN): We won't be stopping at all, so let her rest while she can.

|||||||||

Hajime: You want us to find a missing person?

Ilwa: That's right, specifically, a party of adventurers headed to the Northern Mountain Range on a survey. Among them is the third son of Count Cudeta, Will Cudeta. I want you to rescue him.

(YN): A Count? Must've been a pretty big party, huh?

Ilwa: They're quite skilled, yes. Which means if there was something they couldn't handle... then lots of people will get hurt. We don't how powerful this enemy is, after all. That's where your notorious group comes in. The Count's a friend of mine.

Hajime: A friend, huh?

Ilwa: Could you take on this request?

(YN): I'm afraid not. We have our own goals to accomplish. Let's go, Hajime.

Hajime and I head for the door.

Ilwa: I'll make sure you're rewarded.

Hajime: Sorry, but we're in a hurry.