Timeless

The snow was falling softly over the purple mountains of the Coronet Highlands. The sky is clustered with endless grey clouds scattering the soft ice onto the cold grounds. Most days were the same for the well-known Warden of the Diamond Clan noble, Electrode. As much as Melli enjoyed some entertainment in his life the uninvited guest who claims to be able to calm Electrode is ruffling his feathers. The tall pale boy took his job seriously when it came to protecting the large Pokémon in the Moonview Arena. Supposedly word had got out about the noble being trapped in some sort of frenzy. Melli didn't see the big deal for this, Electrode is normally an exceptionally strong Pokémon. Yet here he is at the gates of the worn-down architecture waiting for this miracle kid who fell out of the sky to make an appearance. Melli assumes the leader of the Diamond Clan, Adaman, must have been tweaking for agreeing to have Electrode neutralized. He couldn't believe the blue-haired bastard had the nerve to overstep his authority over the noble. Still, there wasn't much he could do, he tried his best to fight off the Galaxy Team nuisance, but six grinded pokémon vs his one skunktank wasn't exactly a 'fair fight'. Melli didn't understand the big idea of catching all pokémon you see. For him, the only pokémon he has ever had with him is his partner 'Stanky'.

While waiting he prepares for Adaman to greet him with his usual bullshit. Thinking of him and remembering his annoyance triggers Melli to reminisce about their tricky past. Back in the old days, the two frenemies grew up together in the Diamond Clan camp. Ever since they were both still in diapers they had it out for each other. The two boys were as stubborn as rocks and this shined through them never seeing eye to eye. Their relationship became even tenser when they both became Pokémon trainers. Melli and his stunky have always been rivals against Adaman and his chipper eevee. Melli has won a good hand of battles but hates to admit his defeat at times.

The stingy boy worked hard his whole life for the position as leader of the clan, yet still, Adaman won that as well. Melli wasn't 100% on how the politics worked and always assumed Adaman won with his looks. He may be sweet and charming but he will never beat Melli's ace sex appeal. It takes hard work for him to look this good. Not to mention how tiring zero respect is for his efforts. Nonetheless, the moody boy would be lying if he said he completely hated his enemy. For them acting as oil and vinegar Adaman is the only person with the strength to put up with the self-centered boy. They were closer than most would think from their bumpy history. Truthfully Adaman did bug him with his constant positive attitude and always ending up in first place, but he had to admit that he did care about the shorter man. Anytime the two would cross paths he would develop butterflies in his stomach. When they go back and forth with their banter it gives Melli such a rush he can't help but smile. The longer time passes the more protective he became of his arch-nemesis. Must have been the guilt of always being around each other or that the purple-haired boy was stronger than him in his own opinion. Not that Melli would share his soft side with Adaman. He couldn't think of anything more awful than letting his guard down in front of him.

The moody male looks over at the sounds of footsteps trotting through the rising snow. A familiar young teenager is running up to the gates of the moonlit arena confidently. Melli groans with annoyance under his breath and rolls his eyes with flutters from his eyelids. He knows he should challenge them again and the cocky man needed to use all he had to protect what he believed in. Once the kid is close enough Melli snaps at them with his sour tone and doesn't hesitate to initiate a battle. The trainer's towering pokémon is rather daunting to poor Stanky. The fire Melli has burning in his chest encourages his skuntank to use everything it had out on that battlefield even if the odds were stacked against them.

The duel was surprisingly going well for Melli, having three pokémon against the other's single partner made things much easier. Not to mention the game fucking cheats and the player hasn't even gotten a single damn move in because for some reason all three pokémon get to go THREE TIMES IN A GOD DAMN ROW- (srry.. the previous sentence is unrelated lol.) Melli's self envy is bleeding through his strategic commands and he could tell the younger trainer was becoming frustrated BECAUSE THE GAME FRICKIN CHEATS *flips table* (aHem... sorry won't happen again teehee.) All is going seemingly well, that was until Melli caught sight of a familiar blue tuft of hair in a high ponytail bouncing up the icy hills. He couldn't help but react to the sight of Adaman making it up the mountain. Embarrassment strikes him for some reason and he catches his breath in his throat. The skillful trainer takes advantage of his moment of weakness and strikes his pokémon down into their balls. Melli couldn't believe it and gasps in offense that he lost this battle. There was no time for him to act dramatic so he could hide his sorrows because the short boy was marching straight up to the decided battle.