new years' deal - charles leclerc

SYNOPSIS: Charles' stupid actions left you no choice but to call it quits. Not wanting to ruin New Year's for his mother, though, you made a deal, pretending you're still together until the clock strikes twelve. However, Charles is determined to win you back before the night ends.

WARNINGS: little bit of explicit language, mentions of gaslighting, manipulation, and me shitting on men cause i love to :)

"And what do you expect me to say now?" You cried. Charles managed to break your heart into a million little pieces in a matter of seconds, his stupid actions making you doubt your entire relationship. Was it even real? Did he really love you? Or was it all just a game for him?

"Please, baby, just say anything. I'm sorry," he begged, his eyes full of sorrow. But that didn't change your mind. He texted another girl. How could you ever trust him again?

"I have nothing to say, Charles. You know I've been cheated on before. You know about my trust issues. If you really loved me as much as you say you do, how could you DM this fucking bitch?" Feeling dizzy, tears streamed down your hot cheeks.

It almost seemed like a dream. No, a nightmare. You wanted nothing more than to wake up in your bed with Charles' arm around you, realizing that all of this didn't actually happen. But reality has always disappointed you.

"Babe, please listen to me," Charles tried to explain. "I didn't DM her, I-" — "Oh, you didn't DM her? Of course, right, let me guess. It was an accident. You accidentally clicked on her profile, then on message and then typed out this very random text. Sorry, I forgot these things can happen with modern technology."

Your voice was loud and full of pain and disgust. You saw the text yourself. He asked her to meet up when he was in Abu Dhabi and you couldn't be there with him. But he insisted on his innocence, which hurt even more.

"Baby, please. I did not text her, I swear," he said, holding onto your arms as he looked deep into your eyes. You wished it hadn't happened. You wished you could believe him. But most importantly, you wished you could just forgive him, forget about it, and kiss him like you always did whenever he was being stupid again.

But this time you just couldn't. Not after everything your cheating asshole of an ex-boyfriend had put you through. And especially not after Charles had promised to never do that to you. Yet he did.

"Charles, I can't trust you anymore. I think—," you hesitated for a moment, too scared to speak the next words even though they were already clearly formed in your head. This is over. I think we should call it quits.

Tears threatened to spill from his eyes as he knew what you were up to. "No, baby, no. No, please, I'm begging you, I love you so much, Y/N. I would never do that to you. Let me explain, please."

"No, Charles. I've had that already with Mike. I don't need it again. I think it's best for both you and me if we end this." There. You said it. And as the words fell from your lips, more tears started streaming down your cheeks.

It hurt so much to let him go. You always thought Charles was the one. He loved you with such intensity that every single day with him felt like a dream. A dream that now turned into the worst nightmare. You'd never wanted to wake up from that dream with Charles, but now it was all you could wish for.

"I'm gonna leave now, Charles. I'll spend the night at Christine's," you said. "But what about New Year's?" He asked, following you as you went to your closet to grab a few things.

"My mum is so excited to spend more time with you and me. She misses you, baby. A lot. And Arthur and Lorenzo are not coming. I don't want her to be alone, without any family."