CHAPTER 1

Olivia's Pov

I looked at myself in the mirror. Eyes puffed up, cheeks swollen and runny nose. I sighed. couldn't do much. I cry very fast even when I don't want to. I opened the tap, washed my face and started getting ready for work.

I do two jobs. Morning shift I work in a library and evening shift in a cafe. It's exhausting but that helps me pay my rent. Like other girls I dont have expensive clothes or millions of shoes or bags. I have my basic stuff and I am pretty satisfied with it.

I wore black jeans, with a red color collar shirt and my shoes. I left my wavy brown hair and walked right out of my apartment.

As my financial situation is not that great I walk to the library which is ten minutes away. It gets exhausting but I have no choice.

In the library......

I was setting up the books in order and suddenly I hear a girl scream so loudly. "Oliviaaaaaaaaa"

And that's my most annoying yet caring friend Kim aka Kimberly Wanderwal. She is running towards me.

"Kim please its a library, you cannot scream here. Ill be out of the job in no time if they come to know your causing noise." I whispered to her.

"Sorry my love. I just wanted to meet you." She might seem annoying but she is the most sweetest and caring person. Her father owns a business. She is rich. And she has told me a thousand times to come and stay with her but I refused. She even offered paying my rent and I couldn't let that happen.

"Anyways guess what" She said and I just shrugged because I had no idea what she was talking about.

"I got a date today!!!!!" She was excited and I couldn't help but laugh looking at her.

" Wow.... That's amazing!" Kim is that kind of a girl where she just wants to enjoy life she is okay with flings, hookups and all.

I on the other hand, am very old fashioned. I prefer not doing hookups. I mean its just in me. Even if i try I can't.

Kim set me up with this guy once and 5 mins before our date I called him and told him I can't do this.

"Come on. Try again. It's time you have some fun with your life." Kim said to me while looking at some books.

"Nah.. Its fine. Anyways I have to get back to work. Meet you tomorrow?" I said.

"Okay. Byee Oliviaa Love you" She gave a big smile.

"Byee. Love you too and ohh..... All the best!" I said. She winked at me and left.

I was doing my work and I didn't realize that it was already afternoon.

I finished my remaining work, and walked to the cafe where I work.

CHANTILLY-THE CAFE I read out. It was a small, cozy place and the owner Charles Wilson. He was like a father figure to me. He understands my problem and helps me out when I need advice.

"Hey Papa Wilson" I said with a smile. He likes to be called Papa Wilson because he doesn't have any kids. His wife, Martha was also very sweet.

"Hi my darling. how are you doing today?" He asked while making coffee. He is the owner but he likes to work around as well. So sometimes he will be cooking and making coffee or even waiting tables at times.

"All good. How is Martha?" I asked while wearing my apron.

"She is fine. Keeps asking about you!" That bought a smile on my face. After my parents, they are the ones who I adore.

I took my notepad and pencil and started taking orders.

"Hi sir, what would you like to have?" I asked looking at my notepad. "

"Great" I said and walked away.

"One hot chocolate with whipped cream and please sprinkle some choco powder on it."

"Right on" Papa Wilson said.

So this is typically how my day goes. Its the same everyday.

I finished my work and came home at 8. I had some left over pizza. I changed into my shorts and sat on the sofa and started browsing through some tv.

I looked at the time and it was already 10. I was off to bed.