003

It's been two weeks since I saw Mr. Styles.

I've thought about him ever since. Why did he do that? Did he plan to get me alone just to mess with me like that?

He made and still makes me feel dirty, but I . . .

As bad as it sounds, I. . . I liked it.

But i'm still trying to come to terms with what exactly happened, I mean, I did not even know who he was until yesterday afternoon, plus he's my mom's landlord?!

"Honey, what about this one?" My mom points to the ad in the newspaper, snapping me out of my dreamy daze of Mr. Styles.

I blink rapidly and go on to examine the advert that she's showing me.

After the whole rent calamity, I told my mom that if she didn't want to accept money from my father, then she should at least let me get a part time job. The timing's pretty inconvenient, especially when I had plans to enrol into college in September. But there's no way I can leave my mum to struggle on her own, not until she's in a better position than this.

With enough persuasion and begging, she finally caved, but with two conditions: I don't overwork and save my earnings for college for next year's enrolment.

I can live with that.

The small AD at the bottom of the newspaper that my mom suggested read:

PA needed at Catastrophic S. Co.

Age: 18+

Wage: Starting from $10p/h with the potential to earn more and be promoted

Job Description: Personal Assistant to CEO of Catastrophic S. Co.

Hours per week may range and must be available at last minute notice.
Work is usually from 12pm – 7:30pm weekdays and 9am - 3pm weekends.

Must work a minimum of 4 days a week.

Minimum qualification: 4.0 GPA
Must be reliable and punctual.
Must dress smart and in accordance with company's dress code.
Must be able to travel outside the US due to CEO's international business meetings. Work experience not necessary. Ring number below to set up an interview.

Job closes: 04/07/2019

"Mom . . . this would be perfect, except I have a 3.6 GPA" I huff in disappointment. I know I meet all the other criteria's, just not the GPA requirement.

"It's still worth a try Rose. You have so much work experience in different industries. Don't knock yourself down!" She replies.

Although I feel like it's a waste to apply, my mum does have a good point. During high school I did many work experiences; retail, veterinarian work experience and I even did work experience as a secretary. That's not far from a personal assistant is it?

But there must be so many applicants for a job that pays $10 an hour with no experience needed.

My mom works at a restaurant and only earns $13 an hour, so if I did get the job, it would definitely help with the bills and rent. I just want to make my mom happy instead of stressing over the little money she has.

"Why don't you ring them now and try and book an interview? It closes in only two days" My mom recommends.

I nod absentmindedly, already picking up the telephone and dialling the number. After a ten minute phone call with one of the staff at the company, I'm told the only available interview is at 3pm due to a cancellation.

Well, aren't I lucky? Although it only gives me 2 and a half hours to get read and be there.

In the next hour I'm clad in one of my mom's old dresses that she doesn't fit in to anymore and a pair of five inch heels that my dad got me for my last birthday. I haven't worn it before so I'm sort of struggling to get used to it, but I'm sure I'll be okay. I've put on minimal makeup due to the little time I have and get ready to leave.