1st July 2005 , Friday

Avi

" Yes.... I will be there on time.... don't worry.... Yes.... Bye... ", I said.

The phone still in my hand. I woke up feeling tired. Partly because of the stress of office work maybe and that of taking care of Sian. She is really troublesome . But what can you expect from a 7-year-old.

" Good morning mom ", Sian said to me , while walking towards me from the corner of the door. Isn't she too young to sleep alone ? I thought .

I mean , I know that it's okay to grow up and do your stuff by your own . But she's just a 7-year-old . I wouldn't allow her to sleep in another room but it's her aunt who has carved this habit in her .

When I was her age I use to clinch my mother while sleeping and grab her by the arm and never loose hold of her until the night was over . I was kind of scared of the dark .

We got ready by eight thirty . Sian challenged me saying that who ever would get to the parking lot first would win a candy . We both rushed trying not to trip over one another . And she won . I was happy for her .

She stood still at one place as I shoved the bags in the car and started the engine .
" Get in ", I said . I waited for her response of " Yes mommy , let's go"
There was none .

I looked outside by peeking out of the window .

She was standing still , gazing intensely at something , as if mesmerised by the thing she was looking at , like a statue .

I got outside . Shook her by the shoulder . " Where are you looking at ? " I said .

" Mommy look , someone is looking at us from there ", her innocent voice said as she pointed her finger in the direction she was looking at.

I turned around to look at who was it .

It was him.