Megumi Fushiguro x reader(injured)

You sat on the kitchen counter, watching as your boyfriend bandaged the cut on your leg. It wasn't anything too serious that required medical attention, but Fushiguro still took the time to fix you up.

And when he finished, you quickly hopped off the counter, a big grin on your face.

"Thank you Megumi!" you say, but your smile drops when you notice he only has a frown on his face.

"...Y/n you need to be more careful" he sighs.

"I know, I'm just a little clumsy is all.. but I'll do bet-"

"No but that's just it, isn't it? You always say you'll watch out more but you never do. And then you run off and get hurt again and it's honestly getting annoying."

You stare back in disbelief.

"I'm sorry, but do you think I purposefully try and injure myself like some sort of game? Megumi you're being ridiculous"

"Well at this point yes, it does feel like you'd be up for something as idiotic as that Y/n. And as far as I can tell, you seriously need to reconsider your actions before it ends up with me having to take care of your wounds again, okay? I'm not your damn nurse" he spat, and you honestly had enough with his irrationality. But he had the last word, and made his way back to the bedroom.

And that was the end of that discussion. For a few days at least.

You and Megumi were still on rocky ground. While it seemed like everything was back to normal, you were still upset at the argument the two of you had. There was still tension between the two of you. And Megumi had already planned to address it after dinner today. But dinner time came and you weren't home yet, leaving your boyfriend to eat alone at the table.

It was honestly strange for you to be out this late without texting him in advance, although why would you after that argument with him earlier in the week.

Megumi was sitting on the couch, watching a soccer game when he heard the door to the front door unlock. His eyes glance at you briefly before flickering them back to the screen in front of him.

"Hey, how was.. your day?" he asked, noticing how you had a slight limp.

"It was fine" you said, pretending like nothing was wrong. Megumii's eyes soon found your face and to his shock, you had a gauze taped over your left cheek.

"Y/n what the hell hap-"

"Hey do we have any more painkillers?" you ask, hobbling your way over to the bedroom. Megumi turns off the TV and trails behind you.

"No we ran out- why do you need painkillers" he asks, following you to the bedroom.

"...to kill the pain" you respond, raising your eyebrow at your boyfriend. You head towards the closet to change into cozier clothing, and he still follows.

"I know what they're used for but why do you need them? What's up with your limp and why is there a gauze on your cheek!" he yells, feeling aggravated at your nonchalant attitude.

His eyes are filled with fear when you remove your sweater, exposing your skin and revealing a multitude of bruises on your skin.

"Got hit by a car that didn't break completely. Went to the hospital. Oh, that's why I came home late" you respond, and when you finish changing you look at your boyfriend.

To say he was panicked was an understatement.

"Why the hell didn't the hospital call me then? We're each other's emergency contact!" he yells, his mind racing with thoughts. How the hell could you be so chill about this whole scenario.

"I told them not to. It wasn't that serious honestly and I didn't want to bother you" you shrug, hobbling over to sit on your bed.

"You got hit by a car and you thought I would be bothered by it?"

You finally look Megumi dead in the eye- the first time you had done that since coming home. This time you're no longer unperturbed- no Megumi could see hurt in your eyes.

"You were the one who told me how annoying it was that I was getting injured. And now you're upset because I decided not to tell you for your own sake? Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I'm seriously not allowed to win, am I?" you respond, your voice getting louder.

"Y/n you didn't even think to update me? You just let yourself go alone without even telling your boyfriend what was happening-"

"Fushiguro I GOT HIT BY A FUCKING CAR TODAY." you scream, reaching your breaking point.

"Do you know how fucking scary that was for me? But I didn't tell you because I was even more scared that you'd show up to the hospital and berate me for not being careful enough. So I'm sorry if you think I'm being too aloof right now, but it's so that I can hopefully fool you into thinking that everything was actually okay just so you don't have to worry about me so much!" and without meaning to, you feel the tears spill forward.

Megumi sits down next to you. He's careful to hug you- not wanting to put you in any more pain. And he lets you cry.

He could say he felt guilty- but even that wasn't strong enough to convey how he felt. Because this entire time he had been reprimanding you for not telling him- keeping him in the loop with what had happened- he simply didn't know that all of your actions were for his sake. All because of that stupid argument he started not too long ago.

And now he had to bring it up again.

"I'm so sorry. First off, it was extremely dickish to get upset that you didn't tell me considering that you're the one who got injured. Next, regarding what happened a few days ago... Listen, I'm not trying to excuse myself for being an asshole but I'd like to explain at least." he waits for you to allow him to do so, and when you nod, he continues.

"Look, in high school, I saw Yugi constantly hurt himself too. And even though most of the time it wasn't a big deal- it still hurt to see someone I care about in pain. Obviously there are better ways to express that than what I said. I don't think it's a bother you get injured, but I don't want you to ever get hurt- big or small. I love you too much to see you hurt" he sighs. The absolute fear he had seeing you all bruised up got him so worried- because while you were alright, things could have been worse. He wanted you to be careful because there was always going to be a possibility of you getting seriously hurt.

You take hold of his hand and rest your head on his shoulder. He wasn't the best at accurately expressing himself and sometimes that portrayal came out as frustration- but at the end of the day you knew he did want you to be safe.

"I know Megumi, I love you too" you respond, pulling him down to kiss him.

"Alright, now please tell me how I can help you out" he whispers. For now, you just let him lay you down in bed for you to rest- with him right next to you, holding you close. That was all you needed.