3. Apple plantation

It was a sunny Sunday, I woke up being in trance from my realistic dream again. It took some time till I realized where I was. I was only reminded because of my loneliness.
I said that I didn't want to admit that I had a crush on Kenny because of him being my possible dream husband, but my dreams about him and Levi didn't end. And I really wish they wouldn't. The feeling of a warm family was too beautiful. Even though both the emptiness and loneliness got heavier.

With a heavy heart I went to the park. How high was the possibility I would meet them again? It shouldn't be too high, should it?
Near the playground I nervously looked at the guardians, but he wasn't there.
Relieved and somehow disappointed at the same time I sighed. What was I hoping for? He saved me the last time and offered to watch over me, but in reality we are actual strangers to each other.

Walking past the playground, a familiar soothing voice called out.
"Darling!"
I instinctively turned around and saw Kenny with Levi playing in the sand.
I couldn't repress my laugh and giggled. Seeing the well dressed man full of sand was way too funny.

He got up and came over.
"I hope you still remember my words, darling?", he grinned at me.
His smile was so beautiful I flushed lightly and nodded.
"Good! Because it looked like you would just go to your tree again without thinking about our promise!"
I ... "Promise?"
He nodded. "That you would choose the tree next to the playground, so that I also could watch over you, darling."

Not sure how I should feel, I nodded. We were just strangers but talking to him felt so familiar. Even more after today's dream.
"Thank you. I will take up your offer, sir."
His brows furrowed. "Sir? I'm not that old, darling. I'm just in my early 30th! Didn't I tell you to call me Kenny?"
So my guess was right! He was really in his early 30th!
I grinned at him. "I will be in your care, Kenny!"

I turned around, went to the tree next to the playground, sat under it and started to write today's dream in my dairy.

Today Ken...my husband, my son and I went grocery shopping. I'm actually not sure what his job is but the tall man always had enough money for our food. Nonetheless, I didn't buy everything I wished to have, but compared all the prices with each other.
I felt so happy in my dream. He carried the groceries in his right hand and Levis...no! Our son's hand in his left. I held his other small hand while we walked through the market. One of the nice old ladies gave our boy a small candy. He didn't smile, as always, but I could see that he was happy.

Looking up dreamily from my book, my gaze wandered from the blue, almost cloudless sky, to Levi and Kenny. They still played in the sand. Kenny really seems like a doting father.
Will I ever get such a cute child and loving husband in this life?

Levi noticed my gaze, looked up and waved with his small hand at me. Not smiling but he seemed happy.
I raised my hand, still holding to my pen and waved at him. He turned around, got a form and put sand into it. Now he got up and stumbled on his small legs into my direction. What was he planning?

Kenny followed the boy till they stood right before me.
Levi offered his form full of sand to me.
"Is this for me?" I put my pen into my book and closed it so that I could take the form.
I smiled warmly at him. "This is such a cute apple form you have here! Is it an apple pie?"
He nodded. His big eyes looked at me with expectations.

The tall man started to laugh loudly. He put his hand on Levi's head and rubbed it.
"You know? If she eats sand for real, her tummy will hurt badly."
His eyes full of expectations turned into shock. Hastily, the small boy took the apple form out of my hand and smacked it down.

Kenny's laughter grew even more because of his reaction. I glared at him before I scraped the sand back into the apple form. I looked at Levi and scolded him softly.
"You know? I can't eat it for real but I still could act like it. It's also no good if you take the sand out of the sandbox and break your precious toy."
He nodded. Afterwards I placed the form with sand before my mouth and acted like I ate it.
"It's really tasty! You are really good at baking Levi!"

It was so heartwarming how his big eyes started to sparkle. I gave him the form back so he could go back and play in the sand. Levi held the form in front of the tall man.
He pointed his finger on himself. "Wait. You want me to eat that as well, Levi?"
The child nodded. Embarrassed, Kenny acted like he would eat the sand as well.
It was so funny and unusual that I couldn't stop laughing.

Kenny looked at me. It wasn't a real glare but it seemed like he was out for revenge.
"Oi Levi! It seems like Y/N is still hungry."
The child snatched the form full of sand from the man and put it in my hand. I growled at the man but looking at Levi trying to feed me, I just had to play along.
As his revenge succeeded, Kennys roaring laughter could be heard again. Even though I was a bit mad at him, it was really harmonious.

Levi took my hand and tried to pull me up. Probably to the sandbox. "Levi? Perchance, do you wanna play with me?" He nodded but before I could get up, Kenny knocked on his head. "You can't just pull someone to play with you, Levi. I'm sorry for bothering you, darling."
It's been years since I played in the sand, so I wouldn't mind but how could I agree after Kenny's apology? Even more playing with these two males.

The boy's eyes grew bigger and he looked between me and Kenny. Probably hoping someone from us would say yes. "I wouldn't mind playing for a while. It's been years and it looked fun."
Now Levi's eyes sparkled. How much could this small guy express his feelings with just his eyes? He was already so cute. Bet he could melt every heart with just a smile! I wondered why he didn't do it.

Kenny scratched the back of his head and sighed. "If you really have the time and want to play with him I don't mind. I could use a small break, if it's ok with you?"
I nodded. I put my diary away, got up and went with Levi to play in the sand.

Kenny went in the direction from the rest rooms but what I didn't know was that the man didn't relieve himself. He went past it and glared at someone.
"Oi! I don't like it that you take secret pictures of the children! If you delete them all, I don't need to do anything to you."
The stranger with his smartphone was too scared to speak. He quickly deleted everything. He hardly got the job done because he shivered too much.
What I didn't know was that Kenny protected the children from stalkers and kidnappers. The mom's weren't openly talking about it but everyone was grateful for his presence because they now barely encounter such an occurrence anymore.

Without showing it, Kenny made his way back.
"Thanks for watching over him, darling." He squatted down next to us. He looked at our palate of apples and chuckled. "What are you two even doing? This looks like an apple plantation?"
My face got red. "It's been so long since I played with sand. And it seems like Levi found a liking to his apple form."
Now his chuckle became a heartfelt laughter. He patted my head.
"I wasn't criticizing you, darling. I'm even grateful that you take your time to play with him. I actually dislike playing in the sand the most but I can't decline a request from my adorable boy."

I nodded in agreement. Levi's pleading eyes are just too much! How could someone decline his request! Only devils or consequent mothers would be able to do that!
I smiled. "It's annoying to get it out of my shoes but it's a nice change of pace, I guess."

We played till it was their time to go home. We walked to the park entrance and went our separate ways.
Thinking back about the day made my heart pound a bit faster!
I learned so many new things about these two! And Kenny actually kept his word!

I imagine that Kenny is taking on every pervert in the park! Mostly around the playground!x3