1. Meeting again

You know? From time to time I have these dreams, which feel so real. I clearly remember them. After waking up I always feel that emptiness if I had lost something. The dreams were about an old time. No electricity, no smartphones but a lot of gangsters. There I was a mother with a more or less loving husband.

I wonder when this dream started? Around that time I got assaulted but a stranger helped me out? That time I helped a beautiful woman with her cute son?
The second time these dreams started I just felt like writing them down. It helped me to cope with my empty feelings.

I really wonder who this man was? Was he my husband from a past life? But why can't I remember his face? Every time I tried to remember, his hat was over it, the light was blinding or he was turned away from me. Remembering his broad back kinda made me sad. Sometimes I really wondered if he was lovely at all? We quarreled a lot but I had a feeling of happiness.

----

Today was my day off, so I decided to take a stroll to the nearby park and write today's dream down. On my way to my favourite place, a big tree which spends a lot of shadow, I came by the children's playground. Their laughter was so cute and really filled my lone heart with happiness.

My view wandered from the children to a man which caught my eye. I blinked a few times. The man sat on the bench with his feet resting on the table. This wasn't a dream, right? That stranger looked like my dream husband! Was it just his hat over his face? I pinched the back of my hand to make sure I wasn't dreaming.
'Au!' It really hurts!

"I know I'm breathtaking, darling. But you should stop staring at me with an open mouth or the fly's will get in.", he suddenly teased me. His chuckle and voice were so familiar.

My face flushed. Someone rude like him could never be my partner.
I retorted: "I was just worried about the children because you look quite suspicious, sir!"
As a response he took his hat from his face, placed it on his chest, looked with a hurtful face at me and reassured: "That really hurts, darling. I'm here watching my little boy, who plays in the sand over there."

I followed his direction and saw a small boy, silently playing in the sand. Was that...? How? Am I still dreaming?
"I know he is cute but you can't take him."

"Huh?" I snapped back at him. "If you are taking care of a child, shouldn't you better watch over him, instead of sleeping?!?"
Now it seems like he had enough from my scolding.
"Listen darling. It has nothing to do with you, how I take care of him!"

Thump!
He was right. Neither was the boy my child or was he my husband. He was just a stranger. But why does it hurt so much? I clenched my fist over my hurting heart.
"Good bye."
As I left, I didn't realize that he could see a single tear rolling down my cheek and hadn't seen his surprised face.

Reaching the tree I sat down, dried my cheek and opened my dream dairy. Looking at my sketches I made from my dream family. I caressed over the sketch from the young boy. Why do they look so similar? Was it because they shared the same black hair colour? A similar haircut? Because he wasn't smiling even though he played?
I looked over the notes on the other page I gathered over the past.

Name: ?
Age: Around 5 years old
Hair colour: black
Eye colour: grey
Height: around 90cm
Personality: Can't speak,
understands everything, doesn't laugh,
knows how to fight and wield a knife,
loves sleeping in the same bad, clingy

I turned the page. Now caressing the sketch from my man. I supposed it was him but I really couldn't remember his face. Was he as handsome as the stranger from before? I hastily shook my head. It was true that he was well built, had a handsome face and a really soothing voice but someone as rude as him couldn't be it! Right? Though...they were really similar in appearance.
Now I looked at my notes about him.

Name: ?
Age: late 20th/ early 30th
Hair colour: black
Eye colour: ?
Height: roughly 190cm
Personality: always wears that dumb hat,
distance, strong, fights other people,
always tired, likes to tease me,
sleeps in a separate room

I turned a few pages. I really had a lot of dreams about them. Did I feel so lonely that I wished for a happy family so I made my own dream one? Couldn't I remember my dead parents instead? Why these two? Did I subconsciously see them at the playground and just chose them because they looked so good together?

I shook my head. That can't be it! I definitely wouldn't do that!
I got my pen out of my bag and started to write my dream down.

We were at a bar. The man leaning back on his chair, his dirty shoes resting on the table, with his hat over his face. Taking a nap again.
The skinny boy and I ate our meal at his cost. I tried to reprimand him but without success.

After I finished noting down everything I looked up. The sun is standing high in the sky. The weather was really beautiful today. I always felt better after writing my dreams down.

______
I started this story after reading the super cute FF from @Shiggys_AbbacchiosGf "Always Forever". I got inspired by her story to write my own which has some connections!^-^