Severus was ready to tell him off before he even fully sat down, but stopped himself as he glanced at the hesitant look that Lupin gave him, Lupin then gave him an uncertain smile, and for a moment Severus was not sure if Lupin was simply guilt driven or honestly apologetic anymore.

Lupin cleared his throat, "What are you reading?" He asked, gesturing to the book on Severus' lap.

"The Tails Under The Moon," Severus curtly replied.

He resumed his reading. The atmosphere grew awkward, but Severus did not dwell on that too much, he was too busy sorting out his thoughts.

"Oh? I've never read it. What's it about," Lupin broke the silence after a seemingly painful minute on his part.

"A compilation of stories set under the moon," was his reply.

"Do you have a favourite story so far?" Lupin said, getting more comfortable.

Severus let out a sigh, He hesitated for a moment then decided that he did not care, "It's the story about a werewolf living in Scotland".

Lupin froze at that, and Severus smirked, he suddenly had an idea of how to deal with Lupin and overcoming his moment of weakness against him.

"Oh, what happens in it?" He replied after a while.

"Well, this werewolf goes on a killing rampage mercilessly killing the people in his town, even his own friends, he killed them all in one fell swoop, without a bit of hesitation." Severus lied through his teeth.

Lupin turned white and scurried away from him as quickly as possible.

                                                                                          ^_^^_^^_^

The third time he encountered Lupin he was once again in the back of the library, Lupin was thundering towards him, his face was slightly red.

He ungraciously pulled the chair in front of Severus and sat on it.

"I already apologised, can you not cut me some slack?" Were the first words he uttered.

Severus was confused, what was Lupin talking about? His face must have reflected his confusion as Lupin calmed down a bit and explained, "Last week you said you favourite story was about a murderous werewolf, I later find out from some seventh year Ravenclaw that the story is about a peaceful werewolf that helps the people of the village! Do you know how much guilt and disgust I felt with myself before knowing the truth? And the confusion that followed after knowing it? Why have you been giving me hope that we could actually develop some kind of truce if not friendship, if all you're going to do is snatch it all away from me in the next moment! I swear that you and the others are going to kill me one day!"

Severus was startled once again by the end of it, he did not know that Lupin had it in him to be this aggressive. However, he did see that Lupin did look exhausted. It seemed that Severus and the other Marauders caused him a good amount of stress, Lupins face was gaunt, he had bags underneath his eyes, his hair a knotted mass, his robes were wrinkled, and the sleeves of his robes stretched out due to tugging excessively. Overall, Lupin was a mess.

Severus could not help but feel a slight amount of pity for him. Lupin reminded him of what he looked like when his home life was shattered and he was constantly being harassed by the Marauders. Lupin never really participated in the tormenting, but he did nothing to stop it either, but at least he was trying to atone for his wrongs.

Severus looked up at the teenage boy in front of him. "I didn't lie, " he said, staring straight into Lupins eyes.

Lupin shut his mouth, that was ready to speak and his eyes widened a bit.

"What do you mean?" Was his reply.

"I meant it when I said that my favourite story in the book's about the werewolf. So no need to be confused," Severus said, deciding to come clean.   

Lupin gasped a bit, bringing his hand up to his face, looking like a kicked puppy again, only his eyes had a slight glint of hope this time. That's when Severus' resolve broke, he decided that he's messed with Lupin enough, he finally decided to give Lupin a second chance, it'd be too cruel not to. Merlins beard he had become too soft! And he blames it all on McGonagall!

As Lupin began to start off his reply he was interrupted, "What the bloody hell is going on here?" A voice hollered. And there stood Black in all his glory, right next to a bemused looking Potter.

'Oh Salazar!' Severus thought, this was not going to end well. 

Authors Note: Finally an update! I've been behind on my updating schedule... worst part is that I actually finished the chapter on time but I put off editing, sorry.
Anyway, one of the reasons I put off editing is because I'm not sure if the pace is right, particularly the development of Remus and Severus' relationship, it'd be really helpful if ya'll could comment whether or not the pace is right, should I continue with my pace or slow it down a bit? I hate to rush things. That's it for today! Stay safe, comment and vote! By the way, the picture posted above isn't mine, I got it on pinterest, it inspired Severus' claims in this chapter.