Chapter 7.1 - Strike One

Start from the beginning

"You want a warrant to see the complaints on her record?"

"We've been ordered to put the case on hold and we don't have enough for a warrant," Angre admitted, "You know some people in the Community Relations."

Rohan sat back in seat. "You want me to call in a favor to get you the records without alerting your superiors." Angre didn't say anything, but simply nodded slowly. Rohan studied him for a long time, calmly watching him. "Do you really believe that the man who raped Agent Riddhima could be in those records?"

"It's the only lead we have right now."

Another long moment of silence followed before Rohan smiled. "I'll get those records for you today."

Angre couldn't contain the sigh of relief. "Thank you…really, thank you."

"No need," Rohan told him, "I want to help in any way I can. It's travesty what happened, if you need any assistance from me again…all you have to do is ask."

He nodded again feeling even more relief. "Again, thank you."

Angre walked out of the courthouse feeling a little more optimistic. They all had been feeling a horrible weight over the best couple of weeks. But if there was one thing that could bring solidarity among brothers, it was rising from the ashes of tragedy.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Angre's meeting with Rohan was greeted with unanimous approval with the rest of the team. They were between cases and Ranbir was out of town so they were free to devote their entire attention to Riddhims's case.

"This was an excellent idea, Angre," Vansh complimented him.

"Thanks."

"Wish I had thought of it sooner."

Angre nodded at him. "You've had a lot on your mind."

That was the closest they got to discussing the Riddhima situation. Ever since he had admitted his own doubts as to helping her, there had been a silent agreement to leave that subject alone. It was just easier that way.

Kabir and Sara arrived, him carrying two boxes and she carrying one. All three were stuffed with manila folders. "These are her complaints?" Angre said as he and Vansh both stood up.

"Every last one of them," Kabir said.

Even Vansh stared at the boxes in disbelief. "That's a lot more than even I was anticipating."

"Don't worry," Kabir said, "You still hold the record."

"A filing cabinet full?"

"Actually it's two now." Vansh smiled at that.

"Still," Angre said, pointing to Kabir's stack of boxes, "This seems like a lot."

"Guess it goes to show when you get as far as she has so quickly, you're going to make a few enemies."

Sara dumped her box on Angre's desk and shook her head at it. "Everyone likes Riddhima though. I mean, it's not like you, Vansh."

"Why thank you, Sara," he teased. He tapped one of the unopened boxes with his finger. "But you are right, Riddhima isn't the type of person someone would complain about."

Kabir rifled through one box and pulled out one file. He glanced at it for a second and then pulled out another. "I think I see a pattern here." He read off the page, "Agent Riddhima's leadership skills are questionable as she can't control her colleague, Mr. Vansh Raisinghania."

Vansh grinned in amusement while Sara picked up another file. "Agent Riddhima needs to put Vansh Raisinghania on a leash, a real one."

"She would like that," Vansh concurred.