Chapter 74: The Cave ☾

Start from the beginning

"This is supposed to be a time for us to catch up and relax," Sirius said, shaking his head, "not for any organized club affiliation."

"Then why did we vote me secretary and in charge of minutes?" Harry asked, holding up a quill.

"What you, Draco, Miss Granger, Miss Lovegood, and Mr. Longbottom do in your own time has no bearing in this meeting," Severus said, buttering a scone.

"Are you done?" Harry looked up, his quill poised over top of the parchment.

"Did you write that down?"

"I'm the scribe, too."

"Did you write that down, too?" Sirius asked, watching his godson scribble furiously.

"And why would you be the scribe?" Severus glared. "Your handwriting is worse than your father's."

"How did you know what my father's handwriting looks like?"

"I have a collection of death threats that I can show you some time, if you are so inclined to learn."

Sirius patted Severus's arm. "Those were meant as a joke, Spots."

"Anyway," Draco said, grabbing a parchment from his bag. "On to alliance business. First of all, is there any new news?"

"In other words…" Severus said, glaring. "How was your week?"

"Siria can hold her head up," Sirius said, smiling proudly.

"She also drooled on her dress," the dark man said, grabbing a napkin and wiping it off.

"Chaser drills are coming along decently," Draco said, holding up his most recent Christmas present: Chasing Drills and How to Do Them.

"Do you carry that with you everywhere?" Sirius asked, brow quirked.

"I get bored easily."

"He's a week away from finishing his potions and healing course. He says he's already finished all the work and just waiting for the practical exam," Harry said, sipping his tea.

"Was that a not-so-subtle hint to me to get that written up?" Severus asked, smirking.

"Yes, he's being insufferable."

Sirius's brow furrowed. "What are we talking about again?"

Draco sighed long-sufferingly. "Sirius, how long have you known that I'm in the middle of my potion's mastery?"

"I didn't?"

"You slept in the same dorm as me for two years while I worked toward it."

"I did?"

"Yes!" The blond threw his hands in the air. "I can't believe it! Does no one care about my life?"

"Padfoot, why'd you have to go and do that?" Harry asked, rubbing his forehead. "Couldn't you have just pretended to know and then asked us later?"

"He's finishing his potions mastery?"

"In third year," Severus said, putting down his cup, "I recognized Draco was bored and well informed on the curriculum I was teaching. I pulled him aside and started training him for his potions mastery." He smirked. "We called it godfather/godson bonding time."

"Now, I remember that!" Sirius said, smiling.

"As long as I pass this final, I'll only have practicals before I obtain it," Draco said, eyes sparkling.

"Will there be a graduation ceremony?" Severus teased.

Harry pulled out a calendar. "Are you hoping for an RSVP? I can fit you in, but only if you respond in the next month or so…"