Chapter 19

love

/lʌv/

an intense feeling of deep affection.

Aurora was starting to feel better, she still didn't feel quite right but she felt already a little better. It was a process where small steps were needed. You could choose to take big steps instead, but how bigger you make them how greater the chance is that you fall.

Sometimes she wishes that she could stay with the bad feelings– the darkness. If she could've kept it all a secret it would have been so much easier right now. Aurora wants to change, she really wants to change. But sometimes it gets so overwhelming, and then the only thing she can think about is how she would have been right now if nobody had found out. If they didn't know about the voices and the self-harm.

She had been through a lot in her life so there is a lot of darkness in her. Fortunately for her, most of the dark is slowly disappearing. She had listened to Draco, every time she was having a hard time she talked to him. And not only Draco, but she had also talked to Pansy and even Theodore.

Aurora was learning that it wasn't a crime to ask for help. It was normal, everyone needs help in their life. You cannot do everything on your own–it's impossible. For many years Aurora had struggled with self-harm, phobias, and depression. It was tormenting her all the time but she never spoke a word about it. Every little thing scared her, every little thing had brought her down, and every little thing had pushed her closer to the edge; closer to giving up.

Asking for help scared Aurora more than any other thing possibly could. Eventually, she became tired of living like that, living in fear. She now finally sees that she needed help, so she had asked for it. Because asking for help is okay and it is just as good as when you would've done it on your own.

Aurora was now lying on Draco's bed and Draco was sitting at his desk. Aurora had missed a few days of school so now Draco had to help her study. She didn't miss too much and she was fast enough to pick up on it so after two hours she was back on schedule.

Draco was now doing his homework and Aurora should be doing the same, but she could not take her eyes off Draco. She was staring at him because he was looking like art— so hauntingly beautiful. His pale face with dark black circles underneath his gray eyes, and his thin lips, which would plump up after they had kissed. His heart and soul as beautiful and honest as he is.

Aurora heard Draco say something but she couldn't make out what, she was too occupied with staring at him. He turned around and snapped his fingers in front of her face, making Aurora realize that he had caught her staring. She looked with doe eyes up to him and he repeated what he had said, "Are you almost done?"

"Yeah, I'm done," Aurora closed her book. She returned to staring at Draco while he was tidying up his stuff. He was putting the books away and then he walked over to Aurora and told her it was time for dinner. Aurora stood up and groaned. She didn't want to be in a room full of people, she wanted to be alone, well alone with Draco.

They had walked together to the great hall and they took a seat next to each other. It was still kind of quiet now since most people weren't there yet. After a few minutes, their friends arrived and the place was now getting much more crowded. In the back of Aurora's mind, she heard her friends having a conversation, a steady squeal blurring out the voices.

Aurora did not know what was happing but she could feel the panic rising. Fear and panic pushed her down. She hears whispers and she feels like she's being watched, it felt like a shadow who was never going to stop following her around.

The whispers and the feeling of being watched were right because Draco was trying to calm her down. Whispering sweet nothings to her and softly running his fingers down her arm. Aurora turned her head and Draco cupped her cheek with his hand, "You're okay. Nothing bad is gonna happen, love,"

Aurora couldn't form any words so she just nodded and laid her head on his chest. She could hear his heartbeat and it was helping her with keeping her breathing under control. Theodore had noticed that Aurora still hadn't said a word. He decided to say something to her, hoping this would help her to participate in the conversation.

After dinner, Aurora and her friends had gone to the common room and Aurora was now seated on Draco's lap, Pansy was on Blaise's lap, and Daphne on Theodore's so they could all fit on one of the couches. Mattheo was also with them, he sat next to Theodore and Daphne. Aurora her life was slowly going back to normal and she wouldn't want to have it any other way.

Draco and Aurora were back in Draco's dorm which you could almost call 'their dorm' since Aurora had been staying there a very long time and she wasn't planning on leaving anytime soon. She had discussed this with Draco first, of course. He made it very clear that he did not want her to leave.

Aurora walked into the bathroom, grabbing a washcloth so she could wash her face. Draco came in only a minute after her. He took the washcloth out of her hands and washed her face with it. He was very careful with her, acting like she was made out of porcelain.

After he was done and they had changed their clothes, they went to lie down on the bed. Aurora and Draco talked about so much nonsense until they both ran out of things to talk about, then they were met with silence. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence though, it was the kind of silence that made you feel at peace.

It stayed silent until Draco spoke up, "Aurora, I need to tell you something," He said full of nerves, grabbing the piece of paper out of the drawer of his desk. They both sat right up, facing each other. "Uh, I- I wrote something down, here,"

Aurora examined the piece of paper, her eyes scanning over it before actually reading it. Her name was written above the text. It was handwritten by Draco himself and Aurora could feel her heartbeat speeding up.

Aurora,

I have never felt so helpless, as when I fell, headfirst, into you,

drowning in your murky waters, you were the only, light I could see.

You had kissed me.

And my body, drifted to the surface, my heart cracked open, like a lotus,

knowing that, without the darkness, without being held, in your grasp, 

I would never, have been able, to dance along the surface,

Now I'm here, confessing my love to you.

And I want you to know,

I'll always have a love for you,

no matter the situation we're going through, no matter good or bad, nor right or wrong.

My love for you will always stay strong.

You mean so much to me, I want to give you all I can,

I hope that you will feel the same,

for I am yours and here to stay.