Chapter 22

draco

/ˈdreɪʊ/

a northern circumpolar constellation within which is the north pole of the ecliptic.

The day went by and the sun had now set down. Draco and Aurora were now back to where they had started their day; the flower field. The picnic was such a success that they had decided to come back in the evening, just before midnight.

They laid down on their backs so they could admire the stars. They enjoyed the silence. Aurora had always thought that she did not belong in this world. But perhaps she was wrong. Maybe she did belong in this world, but the only reason why this has changed was because of Draco. Draco made her feel like she was a part of something, that she was apart from him. She loved him for that.

​​His love is her drug, and she's addicted to him. It's almost like a bad obsession. To hug him is like taking antidepressants, it makes her heart smile with bliss, and her tummy full of butterflies.

Kissing him is like taking a hit from a drug. The addiction that heals her soul when wounded, the one bad thing she craves when around him. She's addicted to his love, addicted to all he has become. These visions aren't the side effects, he's her world, he's her moon.

He fills her mind with hope, her heart with love. He's a drug to help her cope, a pill that breathes happiness in her lungs. He is her drug which she thrives upon.

Her heart beats, but it beats for him. And when he's not here, she craves for him. He's her addiction; she needs him. A survival drug is what he is, like a needle she injects in her arm that eases all the pain that she feels. He is an addiction that she has, to escape all the hurt that is so real.

He's the cigarette she smokes, the knife she would use. The ocean she was willing to drown in. A laugh in a sea of sadness and the light of her life.

Draco and Aurora were looking at the stars and at the same time, Draco was talking about constellations. Draco loved the stars, that he got from his mother. His mother loved constellations so much, she decided to name her child after her favorite one. That was where Draco's name came from; the Draco Constellation.

Draco explained that the Draco constellation the eighth-largest constellation was. The name is derived from the Latin term draconem, meaning "huge serpent," and the constellation snakes its way through the northern sky.

Draco is circumpolar, meaning that it never sets below the horizon and is always visible in the Northern Hemisphere, but cannot be seen in the Southern Hemisphere. The head of the dragon consists of four stars –Beta, Gamma, Nu, and Xi Draconis– in a trapezoid located just north of Hercules. From there, the dragon's body winds its way through the sky, ending between the Big Dipper and Little Dipper.

Aurora loved the way Draco could endlessly talk about this. She also loved the way his eyes would shine when he talked about something he liked. But if she was honest, she hadn't remembered much of what he had said. Her main focus was Draco himself. Aurora let out a giggle which made Draco look at her with a confused look on his face, "What's so funny, hmm?"

"Nothing, Dray. I just love you," Aurora angles Draco's face towards her by gently engulfing her hands around his neck and pulling him closer. The kiss was longing and slow, his lips were soft and warm and Aurora traced his lips with her tongue. Draco's hands found her cheeks and he pulled her even closer. They were both panting heavily and eventually needed to break apart due to a lack of oxygen.

Their foreheads were now against each other, eyes still closed. "It's you and me, forever. No matter what," Draco whispered, he was kind of scared for Aurora's answer but she couldn't have said anything better, "Yeah. You and me forever, Dray,"

Draco and Aurora had both laid down again to see the stars. Aurora had moved her head to lay on his chest and his hands were now tangled in her hair, massaging her head.

Draco and Aurora still had to work on a lot but from now on, they would work on it together. They would always help each other whenever the other one needed them. Love is a very complicated thing, but they were both willing to put every effort into this relationship since they wanted it to work out well.

In this moment– where Draco and Aurora were both lying in the flower field, admiring the stars from afar. Draco realized that if only he had it in his power, to her he would give all the stars from above. Aurora looked up at Draco and smiled, "I don't know what the future holds, but all I hope is that you're in it, Dray."