3

For the first time since high school I was nervous for a date. Extremely nervous. Usually the girl would invite me to her place, but I wanted to treat Dinah right, especially since it was our third date. I was working on making dinner when I heard a knock at the door. I turned the meal to a simmer and wiped my hands before walking over to the door and opening it. Dinah stood there with her round afro and wearing a pink dress and black heels. "Sorry if I'm early." She said to me. I rubbed the back of my neck as she was looking at my half unbuttoned shirt.

"Dinner is on simmer." I said to her as I motioned for her to come in. I shut the door behind her and we walked over to the stove together. "I don't think I've had a man cook for me since my dad made me food. That was a long time ago." I stirred the soup in a pot. "I don't cook often, I just know how to make my favorite soup." Dinah kissed my cheek. "It smells good. Is it ready?" She asked. "Yeah, we can..." I felt her hand rubbing my lower stomach affectionately, but it was turning me on. "Do you want to eat now?" Her nose was nuzzling my ear and I felt her fingertips grazing the top of my jeans. "Yeah, I'm hungry." As soon as she pulled away I shivered. "Sit down and I'll make you a bowl." I said to her before kissing her cheek.

Dinah went and sat down as I poured the vegetable soup into a small bowl and carefully brought it to her. "It's hot." I said by her ear before kissing it gently a couple of times. Dinah turned her head towards me before giving me a kiss the lingered on my lips for a short time before I made my own bowl and sat with her at the small table in my place. I watched as she took a spoonful of it into her mouth and moaned softly. "Damn, this is good." I smirked a little leaning forward on the table. I wasn't hungry yet, I couldn't be hungry with the beauty that was in front of me. It was like no other senses mattered to me, but my heart was wanting her.

"Did you have a good day today? How's Amiyah?" I asked her. Dinah smiled. "She's good. She's got a little bit of a tummy ache, but Teresa assured me she'd be fine with some medicine. I'm doing okay...sort of." I leaned down to pick up my spoon. "Sort of? Is everything okay?" Dinah sat down her spoon and sighed. "It's...I'm..." "Does Amiyah need anything? Does she need to go to a doctor? Do you need to go to a doctor or-" "Prince, Prince...Prince." She laughed a little. "No it's not that...it's something...well..." My heart was racing. Maybe she didn't want to date anymore. My mind started thinking of every possible thing that could be wrong.

"If I told you, I don't think you'd want to continue dating me." Maybe she still had feelings for Amiyah's father. My immediate reaction was to slide my hand over to hers to gently hold it. "Whatever it is, I'll respect your decision." Dinah took a deep sigh and I watched tears form along her eyelids. "It's not really a decision it's more like a..." She squeezed my hand and I placed my other hand on the inside of hers. "Dinah..." I watched as tears fell. "I...I think I'm pregnant with his baby." My heart sank deep into my stomach. "Oh, Dinah...I-" I didn't know if saying sorry would make her feel better.

Dinah laid her head on the table and began to sob, so I stood and knelt beside her to rub her back soothingly. "Hey, it'll be okay." Dinah shook her head. "I'm so sorry." She whispered. I stroked Dinah's hair. "Breathe." I said. She grew still and quiet, so I picked her up with my arm under her knees and my other arm under her upper back as I carried her to my sofa. I gently laid her on the couch watching her stare off as she was slowly calming her sobbing. I continuously stroked her cheek. "There's no need to be sorry. You two had sex before you and I started dating, so...don't worry." She shook her head. "It's the fact that this is awkward now. You dating a pregnant woman that...well, if you even want to keep dating me." That was something I hadn't thought about yet. Would I keep dating her since she's pregnant with her ex's baby? But, I was more worried about her. "Dinah...all that matters to me is that you're okay, and I know that seems like the last thing I should be worried about." She leaned up and stroked my hair. "I didn't mean to ruin tonight, but I just...I thought about all of it and I'm sure I'm pregnant. I took a pregnancy test before I got here and the results are under the pillow in my room at Teresa's...I'm terrified to find out."