29: kisses, drugs and roe brown eyes

Start from the beginning

"Where is all this even coming from? What did I-", he spoke up because he grew too impatient, but I cut him off. I needed answers first.

"And the kiss? What about our kiss?", I was almost too scared to ask this burning question, the answer perhaps the death sentence for my heart, "did it mean anything to you?"

His jet-black eyes fixated mine as he took another step closer to me. I followed his motion, only in the reverse direction, between my back and the door less than a meter left.

"Of course it did", he retorted, his voice only a rumble but every word as clear as the sky of a starry winternight.

My heart was pounding heavily in my chest, swelling at the sound of his answer, but my blood, on the contrary, was boiling for a different reason. What he said was not passionate, not ardent enough. He might as well have said that it meant nothing to him in the same tone.

"How am I supposed to believe you?", I asked, emphasising and becoming louder with every syllable I spat.

My gaze withstood his fiery eyes, something deeply buried stirring underneath their surface as his biceps almost imperceptibly flexed and his breathing intensfied.

"You know what? Don't even bother, maybe we should put a stop to any effort we make. It's all in vain anyway", I exploded as the images of everything I had lost control of, everything I had failed to do, and everyone I had failed, flashed before my eyes, "this was never going to work. We should've never met. Hell, I wish we would've never met!"

In a split second he closed the distance between us and with another step he pushed my body up against the door with the impact of his own.

"What do you want from me?", he asked loudly and seemingly angry, but his eyes told otherwise. He was desperate -almost scared, scared to lose me.

He pressed my hips with his hands against the hard surface of the door behind me, bringing the agitated movements of my body to a halt, except for my heavy breathing.

His face was so close to mine that I could feel his hot breath on my skin, his exhalation only slightly offset to mine. My chest was rising and falling uncontrollably while his gaze was rapidly roaming over my face.

"I can't make you trust me but I can show you what it meant to me. If you let me", he uttered, leaning in even closer so a distance of less than two inches seperated our faces.

Despite the thick material of my black sweater, I felt his grip on my waist very clearly, which certainly did my poor heart no good.

Maybe it wasn't the best idea to kiss again in the middle of an argument. Maybe.

I gulped and licked my lips, trying to keep my cool. But who was I fooling? I had long since lost myself in his tempting dark brown eyes. I exhaled shakily and nodded to give him my consent.

For a short moment he simply gazed into my eyes then he put his lips on mine. His left hand wandered to my nape and pulled me closer. My whole body aligned pliantly with his stance as our mouths stayed locked, needy lips moving together in sync.

My hands found hold around his neck the same time he wrapped his arm around my frame and pressed my torso against him. He kissed me keenly, overpowering me by angling his head. I followed his motion, tilting my head back, my mouth unwillingly falling open.