Hyoyeon looked at Jiwoo with ridicule; just the thought of the news that would be exposed tomorrow filled her heart with joy.

Jiwoo knew what Hyoyeon was thinking; this was not the first time Hyoyeon had looked at her with this provoking smile. She was waiting to bully her and see how her fate was to unfold. However, things never went her way. And this time... was no different.

"While we're talking, when will you be leaving Tianyi?" Minkyu butted in as he questioned Jiwoo seriously, "Star Age has already tried to poach you multiple times, why aren't you leaving? Haven't you sought enough revenge on me?"

"It's because I want to see whether you still have an ounce of humanity left in you..." After speaking, Jiwoo boarded the sports car Winter had driven to pick her up and left. At this time, Hyoyeon turned her attention to Doyeon as she carefully scrutinized her.

"Why were you so quiet tonight?"

"I wasn't feeling well," Doyeon replied; her face was pale. She was cheating with someone while she was pregnant, how could things not go wrong?

"Then hurry home and rest." Hyoyeon looked at the two and continued, "The awards ceremony will take place soon, don't let anything go wrong between now and then. Don't think of going to the hospital, stay at home and rest."

"Yes, Hyoyeon Unnie..."

Of course, she had to rest, otherwise how would she have the energy to watch tomorrow's show unfold?

...

Late at night. Hyatt Regency.

Jiwoo and Karina did not drive home together, because after the gala was over, celebrities and reporters were everywhere. In order not to attract any trouble, the two took separate paths home.

As Jiwoo's route was shorter, she got home first. As soon as Karina walked in through the front door she handed Karina her home clothes so she could get changed first and be more comfortable. She also prepared some soup for her to sober up; earlier on at the gala she must have drunk a lot.

"What happened today? How come your gaze was so abnormal at the gala..." Jiwoo gently rubbed Karina's stomach, hoping it would make her feel better.

"What do you think?" Karina pulled her onto the sofa before handing her a recording and a video.

Jiwoo was confused, but after looking at the two items, her expression became calm as she let out a laugh, "Looks like Hyoyeon has her methods."

"Too bad she's not applying it to any good," Karina said as she gently stroked Jiwoo's hair. "You don't need to worry about this matter. Since it involves me, I will not show any mercy..."

Jiwoo understood what Karina meant. She had been waiting for this opportunity for a long time. Since she had made a move first, from now on her destiny no longer belonged to her.

"Since you secured evidence, why are you still upset? I've already been schemed against so many times, did you think I would be affected by another time?"

Karina took a deep breath and placed Jiwoo's head in her embrace.

"I am upset because my heart breaks for you. Luckily I have the ability to protect you."

Jiwoo calmly wrapped her arms around Karina's waist as she tried to take in her scent. She then pulled out her phone and showed Karina their photo from the night, "Does this look like a wedding photo?"

"Uh huh, my wife looks beautiful," Karina's gaze softened.

She knew Jiwoo didn't want her to worry about her, so even though she was being schemed against, she didn't show any signs of unhappiness...