Chapter 2: New OTP

Start from the beginning

I roll my eyes. "I just remembered na almost two years ago na yung bookstore incident." Both of them immediately pout their lips.

"I can't believe tinotoo n'ong babae yung sinabi niya! Banned pa rin tayo sa bookstore!" Jamie whines, at muntik na nga siyang ma-fall sa stairs. Good thing Kim grabs her immediately.

"Graduate na nga ako, banned pa rin ako! Aabutin ko lang naman yung Passion & Purity no'n!" Kim mumbles, glaring at Jamie.

"And I was just gonna stop the fight lang! I was just standing there three fucking feet away from them! And I'm banned?!"

Jamie smiles innocently. "But if that didn't happen, hindi tayo magiging roommates! Hindi tayo magiging best friends! Aangal pa?"

I roll my eyes. "Whatever, Bella Swan."

Kim giggles.

We hold hands as we cross the main road. Our apartment building is just in front of our school. Isang tawid lang. No hassle.

Jamie raises her hand, signaling the oncoming car to stop. "Iron Man!" she shouts and makes an explosion sound.

I facepalm myself. What a dork.

***

I was just settled into my seat when a pair of long, toned legs caught my attention. I look up and see the face of the owner of those legs. She's...she's so pretty talaga. Girl crush material. Is there a day na hindi siya pretty? Even in her tennis uniform, she's still pretty.

Well, that's Asher Flores. Too damn pretty and too damn tough.

Really. Nakaka-insecure to be her seatmate.

She's so makinis. And those hooded brown eyes of hers? Those thick eyelashes? Wow. To die for! Her eyebrow game is too damn strong too. If I didn't know any better, I'd think she's a model and not a tennis player.

The whole class is watching her every move and she's oblivious to the stares she's getting. She was about to turn to our row when one of our bitch classmates trips her.

All of a sudden, Asher Flores shows her true colors.

"Pitumput pitong putang inang pating!" she shrieks.

Whoa there.

She squares her shoulders and straightens her tennis uniform. She looks back at the girl who tripped her. "Anong problema mo, ha?"

The bitch's eyes widen. "Nothing! It is just an accident!"

Asher gets in her face. "Ulitin mo pa 'yon at babaliin ko lahat ng peke mong kuko." She straightens up and sits next to me.

"Assholes," I hear her mutter. She notices me looking at her. "Tinitingin-tingin mo d'yan?" she asks with a scowl. And now I really like her even more. She's not like them. She's not a stuck-up bitch. She's not pretentious. I want to be friends with her. She's rare.

Instead of being intimidated by her scowl, I smile at her. I was about to open my mouth when I notice someone take a seat at the other chair next to me.

"What's up? What did I miss?" Kade asks as he straightens his legs in front of him.

"Why are you sitting there, Ongpauco?" I ask, annoyed. Just the mere sight of him irritates the shit out of me.