"Don't worry about me!!" You started, your voice strained. "The train is falling sideways!! Focus on protecting the passengers— FUCK!!"

As if you were a helpless rag doll, you were launched out of the train—catapulting toward the ground.

『✦』

Due to the momentum, you continuously skidded across the rough, rocky ground—which drew a pained whimper to escape your lips.

Crashing into a tree, you bit back your tears—inhaling deeply, and exhaling slowly in an attempt to maintain your composure.

You refused to cry.

"Take that, you bitch! Who's dead now? Fuck you!" You weakly mumbled in spite of Enmu, despite your condition.

After countless minutes of solitude, you eventually rested your eyes—exhaustion weighing your body down.

Soon enough, the sound of rushed footsteps entered your ears, followed by Tanjirou's panicked voice. "(Y/N)!! (Y/N), are you okay?!"

With a thud, he dropped to his knees beside you, cradling your upper body in his arms. He gently shook you, "Please— please wake up! (Y/N)!!"

You cracked open your eyes, weakly chuckling. "Hi," You whispered.

Tanjirou relievedly teared up, his grasp tightening. "Oh— oh god, (Y/N)! You're okay, you're okay..!"

"(M/N)!! KEEP IT TOGETHER!!" Inosuke bellowed, standing on the other side of you.

"Do me a favor.. will you?" You weakly croaked. "Before I.. Before I die, promise me that—"

"No! You're not dying! Please, (Y/N)!! Don't leave!" Tanjirou begged, tears pricking his panicked eyes.

You swallowed. "Promise me.. that— that you'll tell everybody.. I had the fattest ass.. ever." You forcefully closed your eyes, dramatically sticking out your tongue.

"Bleh."

Silence engulfed the atmosphere.

Tanjirou relaxed, blinking as he sniffled. "Huh?"

"Who's gonna tell her she doesn't have a fat ass?" Inosuke bluntly stated, breaking the tense silence.

Your eyes launched open. "I'll murder you, asshole!! I have the fattest ass— ow, ow! Fuck! It hurts!" You whined.

Tanjirou abruptly pulled you into a tight hug, his calloused hand clutching the back of your hair. "Don't ever do that to me, (Y/N). Never again. I was so— god," He shakily spoke.

Guilty, you pressed your lips to his dirtied cheek. "Fuck— Tanjirou, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that, I thought you would be able to tell I was kidding."

You then pulled back, reassuringly smiling. "I'm okay— I'm okay, see? I'm sorry."

You then shot a glare to Inosuke, "I'm not sorry to you, though. Unless you tell me I have a fat ass, after all."

"Hah?! No way!!" Inosuke argued.

"(Y/N)," Tanjirou urged.

"Fine! I'm sorry, Inosuke." You admitted, dejectedly slouching your shoulders.

"Hmph, you better be," Inosuke replied, crossing his arms. "Don't worry your Lord Inosuke like that ever again!"

Looking down to your stab wound, you hesitantly spoke up. "Hey— uh, don't freak out when I scream, 'kay?"