i really thought rogers would be the sappy one

(okay so this is going to be quite short sorry lol)

summary: steve and nat are enjoying some peaceful time together when the avengers walk in

third person
all the team would constantly have conversations about the romanogers relationship. it seemed that the only two people who didn't seem involved were the 'couple' themselves.

of course they were very involved if yk what I mean but the team could never know that.

but even without steve and nat explicitly saying they were an item. the rest of the team *knew*.

no matter how many times they had denied the allegations the team were in deep and they weren't planning on letting go of these beliefs anytime soon.

the team had conversations about who was the top in bed and eventually decided that they were both switches no matter how much sam tried to convince everyone that nat made steve blush all the time outside of the bedroom. they also talked about who initiated the first kiss. and purely based off of their 'undercover kiss that NEEDED to happen' everyone said nat.

they also had more innocent conversations like who was the big spoon/little spoon which wasn't a particularly long conversation as it was between a supersoldier and a weirdly petit spy. you get the idea that they had a lot of fun talking about a relationship that they should've had no involvement with from the beginning.

a little bit later

nat and steve were cuddled up on the couch and nat spoke up, "i love you so much steve and I'm so happy that I found you and you taught me that love isnt for children i just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you and I will always love you forever" nat was now crying until she saw all the avengers standing in the doorway. they had heard.

nats pov
shit.

this could go a few different ways. a) everyone starts laughing at me and making fun of us for being so emotional. b) everyone would break into tears and start comforting the both of us. c) everyone would just run thinking that i was going to kill them.

i hoped option 'c' would take place but inevitably 'b' was the most realistic for a group of immature superheroes.

"i really thought rogers would be the sappy one" clint broke the awkwardness and in that moment everyone burst into tears. not sure why because I didn't even bring up my childhood and even when that happens there's only a few hard swallows so I was incredibly confused and uncomfortable with all these crying people around me.

steve pulled me in close and whispered "i love you too"

SHIT.

just then I realised that I had just told steve I loved him for the first time. infront of all our friends. well i guess we don't have to worry about telling them anymore.

(500 words and going strong 💪😎)