Chapter 14 - Are you sure you are ok?

Peter and I have just come home from going out in town. It was lovely to be out and forget about what has happened over the last couple of weeks. The compound is empty as everyone is either out or on missions. So Peter and I put on a film and eat a lot of sweets that we may or may not have brought while we were out

'Miss Stark can you go down to the lab. Your Dad wants to see you' Jarvis announces in the living room. I get up and go to the lab, Peter laughs. 'Good luck, hopefully you are not in trouble I know what you are like' I just roll my eyes. 'I am not in trouble ... very often' I just look at Peter and we laugh as I walk down to the lab. I knock on the door and walk in. Dad is sat at his desk so I wheel a chair over to him. He smiles at me but he looks upset. Oh no, please tell me we aren't going backwards.

'Hey Dad, you alright?' He nods. 'Yeah just wanted to see how you are I haven't seen you today' I smile. 'Sorry, I have been busy hanging out with Peter and I have been doing my homework'. Dad looks at me suspicious. 'Are you sure you are ok? You just seem worried and stressed' I look down avoiding all eye contact. 'Yeah it is just the finals at school. I want to do well so I can get into the University I want' That is true I am just leaving out the fact I am ill and I don't know what is going on. 'That makes sense. As long as that is all' I nod. 'Yeah that is all'

'It isn't though, is it', Dad says pulling out my negative pregnancy test out of a draw in his desk. Oh double fuck. I just look down avoiding contact, there goes my good relationship with my Dad. 'Where did you find that?' I whisper. 'I went in your room to find you and it was on the bed. I am guessing this has been stressing you out' he says with sympathy putting the test down.

'I am sorry, I have just been feeling really ill recently then I was late. We used protection but it broke I was scared and didn't know what to do. It was my first time like first, first time and I know you can get pregnant so I was so scared. I told Peter and he helped me but I was just so worried because even though I want kids I don't want them yet and neither does Brad and ...' I just break down and Dad pulls me into a hug. I cry into his shoulder.

'It is ok slow down, you are ok. I am not mad but I just wish that you talk to me, I would have helped you. You don't need to bottle everything up because that is when you get stressed like this and your seizures start and that is the last thing we want. Promise you will talk to me if you get nervous or worried again please' I look at him and he gives me a sympathetic and loving look.

'I will. I just thought that you would be mad. I thought it would undo the relationship that we have built the last couple of weeks and I don't want. I don't want to lose you again Dad', I cry into his shoulder more and hug him tighter. 'You aren't going to lose me, Milly. Listen, I am not going to pretend I am happy about my daughter being sexually active however I would rather you be honest with me about things like this than make yourself stressed and worries which in turn gets you ill. You probably aren't well due to the worry and stress you have got yourself into.' I nod.

'That is what Peter said so he took me out to get me to relax more' Dad puts his hand on my shoulder. 'Good. Stop worrying everything will be fine I promise' I hug him back. 'Thanks Dad'. 'No problem. Have you spoken to Brad about it?' I nod again. 'Yeah he has been helping and supporting me' My dad smiles in agreeance. 'Good. Is he still coming over later?' I look at him hopefully. 'Yeah he still is if that is ok?' Dad laughs at my expression. 'Of course, I have no problem with him unless he hurts you then I will hurt him' I laugh with him at his comment. 'He won't hurt me, Dad. Don't worry'

'Ok, if you don't feel better over the last couple of days, we can talk to Bruce and see what he thinks. Why don't you go and have some rest until Brad comes and we will talk later?' I smile getting up out of my chair. 'That sounds great. Thank you' Dad gets up to and hugs me. 'It is ok, kid. But just be careful ok' I hug him back tightly feeling safe. 'I will, I promise. Love you' I smile at him as I pull away from the hug head towards the door. 'I love you too, Milly' I share one last smile as I leave the lab and head up to my room.

I lie in on my bed pondering about what has happened today. As I am thinking and reflecting I fall asleep hoping life will get easier soon.