Ryuka was exited to say the least, she thought she could finally show more of her strength with such a strong opponent.

They both stepped into the field, Todoroki with a serious face, and Ryuka with her super cocky smirk.

"The first match of the semifinals!" Present Mic's voice called out. "With both of them from hero families, it's a battle of the elites!"

"Why you gotta expose me like this, teach?" The girl thought.

A few of their classmates were shocked at Present Mic's statement. Ryuka never really told anyone except her friends that her father was THE Blacktron and that her older brother was a well known hero back in the day as well.

If they would find out who her gradfather is....

There were a lot of people with the name Tanaka in Japan, so no one really assumed anything.

"From the hero course, Ryuka Tanaka! Versus! Also from the hero course, Shoto Todoroki!" Present Mic yelled in his mic.

"START!"

Immediately, Todoroki let a huge amount of ice storm at her with an immense speed. Ryuka closed her eyes for a moment.

Then, the whole amount of ice cracked at once, falling apart into a million pieces. It went so fast, that Todoroki had to look twice to realise what happened.

The only thing the boy could see was the reflection of blue shimmering in the pieces of ice, and he could also see the exact same blue color staring at him. Two beautiful, shining, blue colored eyes.

Yet they looked so dangerous.

Ryuka broke his ice into nothingness without effort, letting her lightning shatter it to pieces. Todoroki immediately sent more and more ice her way, but she continued to dodge and destroy it, slowly getting closer to the boy.

Her movements were swift and quick, that could only be achieved through hard training, Todoroki knew that.

He also knew that Ryuka was quicker than him, a lot quicker.

That was a massive problem.

Then, when she was too close for Todorokis comfort, he created an ice wall, this time higher and thicker that the other attacks. He wanted to buy time, but Ryuka had other plans, engulfing her foot and leg with lightning and kicking straight through the wall, practically flying at the boy with high speed.

Even in the air her movements were uncommon. Performed with a carelessness Todoroki couldn't pinpoint.

He gritted his teeth, still not wanting to use his fire, but his ice was too weak against her, just like she told him before.

He didn't want to lose.

And just as he thought that, Ryuka was in front of him, her arm reached out, her bandaged palm directly in front if his face.

How did she get closer so fast?

It was like in slow-motion. He could see the blue sparks of her Quirk coming out of her palm, he could practically feel the heat of her lightning, threatening to blast him right in the face.

Ryuka only had a crazed smile on her face, her eyes wide, staring right into the mismatched one's of the boy.

Frightening.

Todorokis eyes widened, reacting quickly and in the only way possible for him.

Activating his fire.

His left side erupted in flames, forcing Ryuka to retreat her hand. But with a knowing smirk, she reached her hand right into his fire, catching his left shoulder.