" It's okay ma'am . I understand " He said avoiding the lump forming in his throat . He had never cared for the controversies that surrounded him untill today when it did infact affect his career . He rubbed his face with his hands frustratedly and sighed . He stood up and looked at Ekta. He thought he had disappointed her too. She was too fond him and he respected her too much .

" Karan " He stopped at the door holding it halfway and turned to her . Her eyes swarmed with sympathy .
"Cheer up ! I trust you and i know everything is going to work in favour " she gave an encouraging smile . Her one smile did boost up his upset mood and he stepped out of the office .

***********
LOCAL CAFE

" You know you don't have to apologise right ? " She said softly at him who looked back her with guilt in his eyes

" I want too . It's all my fault yogi . " He lowered his eyes . He was ashamed that she was brought into all this when all she did was support him throughout and had a very happy married life .

" It's okay Karan . Think of it . Nothing cane out of the court room right ? Only the people inside know and that too was proved wrong " She tried to calm him down . She knew he was a good person at heart and would never ever intentionally try hurting anyone

" Thankgod Teja handled it though . I can't even think of what would have happened if it came out in media " He shook his head to stop thinking about all what ifs

"Yup . Thank god for tejasswi " she stretched her name intentionally and gave him a teasing smile . He narrowed his eyes at her trying to figure out what she was doing .

" What ? Don't look at me like that . She bails you out , helps you in this case , rents you her place , checks up on drunk you at the middle of night and goes on to the extent of convincing your parents . Kaha hi milte hai aise professional and dedicated lawyers aajkal ? " She shrugged mischievously and then sipped her drink innocently .

" She would have done same for any other client " He replied and cringed at how much of a lie it seemed to him too .

" Ya right . She would have given her personal place to live in just because their parents kicked them out . Wow . How convincing ! " She tsked at him at looked at him gleefully.

" what are you trying to do " He asked a little aggrevated at the fact that she was making him see the things that were right infront of him but he refused to acknowledge. . It's not liked he did not see these signs , he did , but Teja changed her personality like he changed his shoes . He did not know which teja to believe . The caring one or the indifferent one .

" You still feel for her " It came out more like a statement rather than a question . He snapped at her immediately and looked at her as if she spoke pure bullshit .

" Nonsense " He gritted his teeth .
" Deny all you want Karan .Everything's in front of your eyes " She pushed his buttons

" Don't mention this ever again Yogi " He leaned in and looked seriously at her " Teja and I were over a long time back and We are going to go our separate ways once this ends .After all that she's done to me , there's nothing except hate that i feel for her " He said firmly.

**********

TEJASSWI'S OFFICE
9:00 P.M.

"Will you say something ya aise hi statue ke tarah khada rehna hai ? " she narrowed her eyebrows at the weird behaviour of Rohit . He had been standing there with a scared expression with hands behind him .

" Umm.. actually" He looked everywhere except her . She looked at him her gaze piercing him . He raised her eyebrow in question

" This came when you were not here " He handed her a ln envelope which was in his hands that he kept hidden behind his back till now

' Back off from this case or you will have to face the consequences . ' It read . Along with it was the zipper log back in which they had kept the knife .

"They are not going to scare me off with these silly threats Rohit " she said strenly . Rohit looked at her to see not even an ounce of fear in her eyes . He nodded at her and left the cabin . Teja looked at the bag carefully once he left and dialed a number .

*************
COURT

10:00 A.M.

" Ma'am kya kehna chahengi "

" Sir , Sir , Apne bete pe lage aarop par kya kehna chahenge "

" Ma'am , Ma'am "

Tejasswi cut her call and looked at media blocking and gathering someone . She looked closely to see it was karan's parents . She uttered a few profanities at the behaviour of media under her breathe. She had come outside to pick up a call which was from an unknown number . The hearing was going to start anytime . She wasn't surprised to see his parents though. She knew they loved him and would be there for their son .

"Let them go. Can't you see they are elder and you are blocking their way ? "She frowned at the reporters .She called the guards for help and herself escorted them away from the media .

*********

COURT ROOM

" Your honour i would like to present you the murder weapon and reports that states that Mr Karan Kundrra's fingerprints matches the fingerprints on the weapon. It proves Mr kundrra is gulity " Vikram's assisstant passed the files and knife to the judge . Vikram smirked looking at panic stricken faces of Rohit and Karan While Teja just looked back at him blankly.

**********
👀👀
Do vote if you like the chapter and comment down your feedback

Also , i published a new story . Do shower your love on that as well !
Thankyou for reading 😊