❥𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴

Start from the beginning

"I am caught up on everything if that's what you're wondering. I must be more responsible from now on, and I decided I will start by abolishing those decrees that were put in place." Ei told (Y/N), who surprisingly showed much emotion as they let out a sigh of relief and wiped away an imaginary drop of sweat that formed at their eyebrow.

"Oh good, do you know how many times I got arrested and nearly got arrested because of them?"

Miko snickered at their misfortune, not being informed of this when they had first come to the shrine with Sayu.

"You were arrested? Again?" She piped up, smirking from how ironic the event was seeing as when they first arrived in Inazuma so long ago they were also arrested and had to be bailed out by the twins— which was what led to them meeting.

"Looks like some things don't change." Ei commented. She shook her head back and forth lightly to herself, briefly recalling the years they all lived together with a larger group of now deceased comrades.

The three were so immersed in their conversation, they hadn't even realized that a figure was approaching.

Blonde hair harshly swayed in the air as Aether ran up the stairs, having heard about the situation from Paimon, Kazuha, and Gorou. He skipped stairs to get there quicker, hoping he wouldn't lose them again as he began to breathe faster and faster while rounding the corner.

His boots hit against the ground in rapid succession while Paimon kept up, flying behind him while frantically darting her eyes back and forth to look for where the two were.

The sound of explosions vanished and bright purple eruptions no longer changed the atmosphere's color, an indication that the fight was over. That meant they could have very well fled the scene, and that wasn't a scenario either wanted to consider.

Rounding another corner as they reached one of the small empty areas in front of the Shogun's place with planted flowers and bushes, Aether caught a glimpse of a familiar figure making him intake a sharp breath. One he wasn't on best terms with, but were such close friends at one time he had trusted them enough to have them live with him. They were someone he couldn't get off his mind, and there they stood, a composed aura and delicate smile upturning their lips as if this were a situation that garnered their nonchalance.

He stopped, his feet skidding against the ground as he stood behind them, the Raiden Shogun and head Shrine Maiden noting his presence as they looked his way.

"(Y/N)."

Aether had said their name before even thinking about what he wanted to specifically say to them, thoughts a jumbled mess as he called out in hopes they would grant him their attention. He watched as their shoulders sagged before they glanced behind their shoulder, eyes shadowed as they turned around to see Paimon had arrived beside the traveler, the girl panting as she scolded him for leaving her behind.

Miko's smile that had dropped as she was analyzing the tension between the two returned as she turned her back towards (Y/N) and Aether, looking over at Ei upon taking the hint.

She crossed her arms under her chest, her heels clicking against the ground as she walked towards the purple haired woman who tried to decipher the relationship the two had, confused on whether it were on bad terms or good terms from the tone of voice.

"Ah~ Where do we even begin to fix this mess you've made, Ei? A good starter would be some public announcements, but we have to deal with the Tenryou first. So much work to do, let's get started, yes?" Miko reminded, knowing there was a lot of work ahead of them in order for things to settle. In the distance, there was muffled cheering and they figured the news was already beginning to spread to the revolutionary soldiers that were just outside from Aether's return and success.