❥𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇

Start from the beginning

His eyes shot open as he slammed a closed hand into his open palm, a smile and nod of his head telling them he had 'finally' remembered.

"Ohhhh! That? No biggie, you forgive me, right?" He asked while grinning and continuing to nod his head, his hat swaying with the movement as it taunted (Y/N) and made their anger only spike further.

It was like Heizou knew exactly what to say in order to get on (Y/N)'s nerves, but they wouldn't allow him to see them so flustered at his teasing, so instead they resorted to threats.

"I'm going to line the walls with defaming evidence against you once I get proof." They declared, a promise that they didn't intend on forgetting and would fulfill it in due time.

Dropping the obviously fake and teasing facade, Heizou suddenly turning serious as he looked back and forth while ignoring the threat from (Y/N) knowing they would never be able to find or fabricate evidence and no one would believe them in the first place.

He gave them a concerned look, his eyebrow raising as he stopped scrutinizing the area around the two so that he could instead give them the reason as to why he approached them.

On a regular occasion, he would have avoided them at any cost since he knew they would be angered, however with the current tensions of the repeated victories of the rebellion against their efforts in defiance, they shouldn't be casually wandering as an affiliate to the resistance effort.

"You do realize why I'm out here, don't you?" He questioned, wondering if they were completely oblivious on the Tenryou commision's actions or not.

Seeing their blank expression, he sighed before shaking his head and elaborating.

"There's a wide-scale patrol going on right now because of the devastation of a nearby village. If you don't hide, I'm sure someone will spot you and detain you as a suspect— then find out you are an escapee."

(Y/N)'s heart felt as if it had stopped momentarily as they processed his words, eyes widening as they glanced behind where he came from to check if he had any company before beginning to panic.

"Wait really? Help me hi—" (Y/N) quickly cut themself off from looking from a hiding spot and talking as they saw Heizou's worried expression change as he began to smirk sinisterly.

They nearly foamed at the mouth as they watched him take a dramatic intake of air before cupping both of his hands around his mouth and turning around before shouting,

"OVER HERE! I FOUND A SUSPICIOUS INDIVIDUAL!"

Heizou's voice bounced through the air and reached far— far enough for someone past the visible terrain of lush bushes and trees to hear.

(Y/N) felt a sob threatening to escape their throat as they stared at Heizou with a betrayed expression, frantically darting their attention around for some sort of covering as they contemplated if they should just sprint and make a run for it or not.

"Screw you!" They whisper shouted, Heizou stifling snickers from behind his hand as he watched them panic.

(Y/N) ran behind a nearby tree and desperately attempted to climb it but kept sliding down, the action repeated numerous times as they were distracted and unable to see what Heizou was doing.

They were able to hear his outburst as he began to laugh and slap his knee, eyes crinkling from the reaction he got being that amusing to him.

"HAhahahaH! I'm only kidding~! The look on your face was priceless!" He exclaimed while looking at their hands while they hugged the tree, unable to see their full body.

(Y/N) sneered with their face pressed into the bark, the rough texture making them back up immediately but not step out from behind it. They peeked around to glance over at the detective, who made eye contact with them and sent an innocent expression.