Chapter 10

Adina was panicking. Outwardly, she appeared calm and collected, as she had been taught to appear. She had to get out of here and fast.

Steve watched the girl run and quickly leapt into action.

"Capture her," he instructed his team, "Barton, do you have the power dampener?"

Clint Barton, the archer, tossed a single, thick metal band to his Captain. Meanwhile, Adina had gotten a head start on the team and was about to jump to another roof.

Wilson flew in front of her path and stopped her from leaping. He had also put together the reason why the teenager had run.

"Hey, slow down there. He's not the Winter Soldier. He doesn't do that anymore, he's with us," Wilson tried to reassure her.

The effort was lost on her. Adina had made up her mind. She wasn't going to take any risks or chances that could put her back into Hydra's hands.

She pulled out the small handgun that was tucked into the waistband of her jeans. She fired a few shots at Wilson, which he blocked with his carbon fiber wings. However, Adina had good aim. One bullet lodged itself in the man's upper left arm, causing him to let out a grunt of pain. She put her gun back in her waistband as she only had a few bullets left.

With the bird-like man demobilized and flying away to recover and put some distance between them, Adina turned her attention to the rest of her opponents. The Winter Soldier and the red-headed lady were getting closer, as Captain America closed the last few yards between him and Adina.

Adina turned and ran in the opposite direction of the Captain in order to gain momentum. She jumped into the air and a dark blue cloud seemed to absorb her. She teleported up in the air behind Steve Rogers, who was still running to where she had just previously been, and she landed both of her feet on his upper back. She pushed her feet out, causing him to fall to the ground. Still in the air, she used the rest of her momentum to leap over his crumpled form.

Before she even rose from her crouched position, an arrow pierced the back of her upper arm. Adina fully rose and spun to locate the archer who shot her. With a small glare, she mercilessly yanked the arrow shaft out of her arm and tossed the bloody arrow to the side. Pain rippled through her arm, yet she just set her jaw and continued with the fight.

During those few moments, Captain America had gotten back to his feet and began to fight Adina. She swung her fist, aiming for his face, but he caught it and hit her side with his shield.

The red-headed woman had also finally caught up with them, whereas the Winter Soldier passed them to go check on the man with the wings.

Now, Adina was fighting off two highly trained people at once. They traded punches and kicks back and forth until Adina was swept off her feet. She landed on the ground and rolled to the side to avoid the shield that struck the ground where she had just been. As she rolled out of the way, she slipped her knife out of her pocket and slashed the man's leg, and then sprung back up on her feet.

She wiped the scarlet blood that was dripping from a cut above her eyebrow, so that it wouldn't block her vision. Then, she backed up into a more defensive position with her knife out in front of her. This doesn't seem like a fair fight, but at least I got my trusty pocket knife, Adina sarcastically thought. Then, she didn't even have that because Barton knocked it out of her hands with another arrow. Great, this is just going great.

Adina decided to use her powers once again. Her teleportation had a limit, so she could only use it so many times before she had to take a break and 'recharge' it. She wanted to save some of her power for last ditch emergencies, but she had no other choice if she wanted to get out of here alive.