Chapter 6: Late Night With Izuku!

Start from the beginning

"He's precious." Mirai mumbles.

"I'll take your bags, you two wait in the living room. I have to prepare Izuku a bottle, it's time for dinner, isn't it?" I smile and take Mirai's bags into the dining room.

"He's grown a lot since the first day I met him. And his hair is only getting wilder." Mirai snickers.

"It sure is, soon enough I might have to start washing it. That moment will have to go in the baby book for sure." I shout from the kitchen as I pour the formula into a bottle.

"In just a few mounts he might be big enough for an actual shower." He responds and I watch him wave a finger in front of Izuku's face.

"I hope that happens soon, I'm scared to put him in the baby bathtub. What if the tub breaks while he's in it?" I say, thinking of the many dangers of Izuku in the baby tub.

"The chances of that are low." Mirai laughs.

"But not zero!" I nod and hand him the warmed bottle.

"Here, hold his neck like this." I push Izuku's head while he sucks on his bottle.

"My, my, he certainly eats fast!" Mirai watches in awe of Izuku who quickly makes it halfway through the bottle.

"I know! He ends up giving himself the hiccups though. Slow down Izuku, it's not safe." I shake my head but Izuku keeps on gulping down the formula despite my protests.

"Now that he's finished, you gotta burp him." I move Mirai's hands so they hold Izuku firmly.

"And just pat him?" He asks to which I nod my head. It only took two pats and Izuku had let out a big burp, followed by two small hiccups.

"That was easy." Mirai shrugs as he hands Izuku back to me.

"He'a been pretty easy all day. He hardly cries and he drinks almost all of his bottles whenever I give him one. Even changing him has been a breeze, for the most part." I smile and start to bounce Izuku gently.

I would soon regret those words seeing as how they jinxed me. The moment I laid Izuku in his bed and left his room is the moment he went bat shit crazy. The second he couldn't see me he screamed and cried, he even threw his bear at the door to get my attention. At first I tried to let him cry it out so he would start getting bad habits but eventually I had to stop him. If I hadn't gone back he might have blown out his voice from all the sobbing. At one point I got him to sleep in his arms and as soon as I started thinking about standing up he tugged on my hair with a pouty face.

"So much for him being easy." Mirai laughed quietly next to me.

"I didn't think he could even make sounds that loud for someone so little." I groan as Izuku tugs my hair for attention.

"You should go to bed, that way one of us is functioning by morning." I turn to Mirai.

"You sure? I don't mind staying up to keep you company." He whispers.

"Yeah, I'm good. Izuku is keeping me company after all." I sigh and watch Izuku tug on the blanket he's swaddled in.

"Alright, just shout if you need anything, I'll be asleep in the living room." Mirai nods and silently exits the room, leaving me with roudy Izuku who thinks 12:32 AM is the most appropriate time to play games.

It wasn't until 4:20 AM that Izuku finally decided to sleep. However, I still ended up sleeping in his nursery. I was worried that if I opened the door to leave then Izuku would wake up and start crying again. I can't be mad at him though, he is just a child after all. I woke up again at 10:12 AM to Izuku who got his teddy bear stuck in the railing of his crib. Needless to say he was very distraught.