Chapter 5: His Son!

Start from the beginning

"Renovating the bathroom? I see. I'll give them money then, to help with the baby and the renovations." I smile as Toshinori slams the cake down to get the air bubbles out of the batter.

"That sounds like a good idea." He turns and pushes the pan into the oven. Once it's closed he washes his hands and starts walking towards the living room.

"Alright, we'll be here at 7:00. Don't wear anything too fancy, it's just a casual party. So no need for all your suits." Toshinori looks at me while he straightens the couch cushions.

"Understood. It seems like you've really got the whole house husband thing down." I nod and check the timer. He's been using One for All for 30 minutes now.

"You think so? I'm just trying my best to support Inko. But once I've healed completely I'll be back in the hero scene! That'll be exciting, I've missed it quite a bit." He smiles as he opens one of the windows near the fireplace.

"I'm happy for your return." I watch him open another window on the other side of the fireplace.

"It will be less than a year now!" He squeals.

"I look forward to working alongside you again. I've missed fighting crime with you." I return his happiness with a grin.

"Alright, I've got to clean the toilets now." Nods with a bright smile on his face.

"I wish you good luck." I laugh.

—————

Mitsuki POV:

The damn brat growing inside of me is already being a pain! It's not just the morning sickness and the cramps, my body looks like two fucking beach ball on top of each other. This kid better be worth it or I might go insane.

Thank god for Toshinori though. He sent over a bunch of sweets and I've been eating that shit up! Masaru is trying his best to keep me healthy, I understand why, but a piece of chocolate cake makes my troubles go away. It doesn't help that Inko is also telling me to try eating random ass 'superfoods', she says they'll help with cramps but I'd still prefer a warm brownie instead of some crappy little greens. I get why Inko fell for Toshinori, he'll do anything you ask. He frankly seems too innocent for me, like some sort of puppy.

"With the house to myself, I can indulge in whatever I please. Let's grab a soda, baby." I laugh while talking to the brat. Masaru says it will help with development, I think he just likes to hear my voice.

I reach into the fridge and grab a coke. I was just going to get something to drink but then I remembered that we had ice cream in the freezer, and it was chocolate flavored! How could I not? I'm normally very strict with my diet, I can slack off while I'm pregnant. I deserve it. As soon as I opened the freezer, my damn phone started ringing. So I left with just my soda while I went to grab the phone.

"Hello?" I sigh.

"Mitsuki!" Inko cries over the phone, her voice carries a tone of panic and something else that I can't quite pick up on.

"Inko? Inko what happened, are you okay?" I try to stay calm as I yell over the phone.

"Mitsuki, it happened!" She squeals.

"What- what happened?" I shout as I turn her on to speaker while I prepare to drive to wherever she is.

"I'm pregnant!" She yelps.

"What?" I stop entirely and walk back over to the phone.

"I had noticed that my period hadn't come on time, and I felt sick this morning so I bought a test on my way to work. I just took it and I'm pregnant!" She sobs, but I can tell that she's overjoyed.