Chapter 4: Yagi Inko!

Start from the beginning

"You did this?" She looks back towards me.

"Mhm, do you like it?" I ask her.

"Yagi, I love it! It's fantastic, the beach has never looked better." She grabs my arm and starts to walk with me down to the sand.

"I'm glad to hear that! I hope you like lunch too." I smile and spread the blanket out before handing her a bento box.

"You really shouldn't have done all this." She sighs as she breathes in the ocean air.

"I wanted to do all this, I thought it would be nice. Now we can look at this view! You were right about it being beautiful." I give a light laugh.

Once Midoriya had finished taking in the view we ate lunch. I asked her about work and she said it was just fine. She's hoping to become the head nurse but is having some trouble with a rude doctor. She said she had it under control, and she's probably right. She seems like a strong woman.

"What about you? Do you work?" Midoriya looks at me with innocent eyes, unaware of the fact that this question has been haunting me for weeks.

"Oh- I work for the hero commission!" I nod.

"The hero commission? Sounds like an important job. So you're a hero, right?" She smiles.

'Shiiiit she already knows! I'm going to scare her off with my hero job.'

"Y-yeah, how'd you know?" I rub the back of my neck.

"Well, the first time I met you, you had a pretty bad injury you were recovering from. And then you moved a bunch of heavy garbage off of this beach in less than a day! I just sort of guessed. Is it supposed to be a secret?" She laughs.

"No it's not a secret! It's totally cool that you know! ... but this doesn't scare you off or anything? I get it if it does-" I fix the collar on my shirt and she grabs one of my hands.

"It doesn't scare me, Yagi. I don't think what job you have affects how I feel about you." She pushes the hair out of my eyes with one hand and holds my hand with the other.

It was a rush of emotions. Not only is she touching me but she doesn't care if I'm a hero or not. It didn't change anything! I must be the luckiest guy to live.

And then her phone beeped, and my luck ran out.

"That's my alarm, I have to get back to work. Sorry to leave so soon." She sighs.

"It's alright, I get it! Do you want a ride back?" I stand up and start to clean our spot.

"Yes, that'd be nice, thank you." She nods and we head back to my car.

Just like that our lunch date was over. I waved as she walked back towards the hospital and then I went back home, unsure of when I was going to see her again. But now she knows I'm a hero, and she didn't care. So I'm sure that we'll meet again soon!

—————

It's been a few weeks since she found out about my heroine job, and Midoriya and I have been on several dates since then. I've taken her out for lunches and dinners, and I even invited her to my house a couple times. Things are really coming together, this is a serious relationship! I'm going over to a nice ramen place to meet her now. It's the store that's just outside of the main part of town, so I tried to dress nice while still being casual.

As soon as I got there, Inko was waiting for me.

"Toshinori, we should talk... I don't want to waste time so I'm just going to say it! I really like you, a whole lot, but my job needs my full attention now. And going on dates with you every other night isn't helping me get my promotion. I'm sorry, I loved you but I have to put myself first!" Inko announces.