Can't Sleep

(Read Desc. :] ♡ )

          "Larry, you awake man?" Sal quietly asked, staring at the ceiling as he waited for a response. Before he was about to set his walkie talkie back down on his nightstand, the static came in. "Unfortunately," Larry's quiet voice came through, earning a slight chuckle from the blue haired male. "Wanna go do somethin'?" Sal asked, head turning as his eyes landed on the clock next to his bed. The bright numbers read 5:45AM.
          "Like what?" Larry asked, Sal staring back up at the ceiling as he thought. "I dunno, dude," he started, sitting up in his bed. "I'm just tired of laying here and not falling asleep."
          "Fair enough," Larry hummed, Sal running a hand through his hair. "Meet me in the parking lot," Larry spoke, earning a "Bet" as Sal's response. Sal quickly set his walkie down, hopping out of his bed. Gizmo let out a curious chirp and meow as he watched Sal approach his closet. He changed into a black longsleeve and Dark gray ripped jeans, slipping his feet into his dark red sneakers. He let out a huff as he put his mask on, a soft click filling his ears as he put it on. Looking in his mirror, he wanted to make sure he was at least presentable. Running his hand through his messy blue locks again, Sal quickly pet Gizmo before walking out of his room.
          As Sal entered the living room, the faint light from the TV caught his attention. A low snore filled his ears as he approached, seeing that his father had fallen asleep while watching TV. Glancing over to the kitchen, he saw there was a notepad and pen on the island, him walking over. He picked up the pen, quickly writing down 'Went out with Larry' before making his way out the door. He knew there was a big chance he wouldn't be back before sunrise, so he didn't want his dad to wake up startled that he couldn't find him.

          The elevator dinged, the doors slowly sliding open to reveal the dimly lit entrance hall. A light squeak came from Sal's sneakers as he walked into the hall, eyes having been adjusted to the dark by now. He turned down the hall, making his way towards the entrance.
          "rAH!" Larry whisper shouted as he threw his arms around Sal's shoulders from behind, a strangled yelp leaving him as he stumbled slightly. "dUde!" Sal whisper yelled as Larry buried his face in Sal's shoulder to stiffle his laugh, ushering him out the door so they wouldn't get any complaints. The cold morning air blew against them softly, sending a slight shiver up Sal's back.
          "Fuckin' asshole," Sal spoke as he looked up as Larry, earning a small laugh from him as he unwrapped his arms from around Sal, walking next to him. He wore black ripped jeans and a dark red hoodie, shit eating grin being on his lips. "What? It was funny," he responded, earning an eyeroll from Sal. "You got anything you wanna do?" He asked, staring up as Larry as they walked out into the parking lot. "Yeah actually," Larry said somewhat excitedly, digging into his pocket.. "Mom was getting ready to leave for work prep when I was leaving, and she gave me twenty bucks before I left," he spoke, pulling out two $10 bills. "Wanna stop at the gas station and grab some snacks?
          "Hell yeah," Sal responded, Larry grinning as he put the money back in his pocket. "I've been craving chips like, mad crazy lately," he hummed, Larry looking back down at Sal. "Me too. Weird," he responded.

          Browsing aimlessly in the chip isle, Sal hummed softly as he grabbed a bag of Spicy Nacho Doritos, knowing it was a kind both he and Larry would enjoy. As he was about to walk down the isle, a tall male stood just beside him. He was leaning against the shelf, blocking his way. "Hey little lady," his raspy voice spoke, grin bring on his wrinkled face. "You here alone?" He asked. Sal blinked, thankful that he wouldn't be able to see the wide smirk forming on his face. "Nah. I'm with my boyfriend," he said, watching as the male's face quickly fell. He watched as Sal walked around him, Sal struggling to hold in the laughter that threatened to come out. He walked over to the candy isle, seeing Larry staring at the shelves as he held a couple bags of candy. He could see a large bag of skittles and a couple bags of Starbursts. Sal walked over, Larry looking over at him. "What'd ya grab?" He asked, Sal holding up the bag of chips as a response. Larry nodded, scratching his head as he looked back at the shelf. "I dunno what else to grab," he admitted, Sal looking at the shelf. "Gummy worms. Duh," Sal responded as he grabbed a couple bags of sour gummy worms, Larry going "Oooooh yeah," as a response. The two made sure they didn't grab too much before approaching the counter, setting their snacks down on the counter. Sal quickly gasped, looking up at Larry. "Dude. Drinks," he said before hurrying over to the drink isle before quickly grabbing two coke bottles.
          "Dude, I don't have enough," Larry said as Sal walked back over. "I got like, five dollars," Sal responded as he set the drinks on the counter, digging in his pocket. He pulled out said money, the two paying before Larry took the bag filled with their snacks, Sal grabbing their sodas as they walked out.

          "Dude catch," Larry said as Sal set his mask in the grass, Larry tossing a Starburst into the air towards him. Sal looked up, taking a step back as his mouth opened. He jerked slightly, catching the sweet taffy in his mouth before falling back. He plopped down onto the field in a sitting position, the two laughing slightly at it as Larry walked over. He sat down next to Sal, picking up his mask. He held it up to his face, looking at Sal through it. "Kinda looks like Jason Voorhees when ya think about it," he spoke, Sal giggling slightly as he swallowed the Starburst. "It actually kinda does," he hummed, Larry grinning as he set it back down. Sal tore open one of the bags of gummy worms, popping one in his mouth. Larry stretched as he looked up at the sky. The sun had begun to rise. "Two days no sleep...think I'll be able to beat my record?" He asked, turning to look at Sal. "Mmm..maybe," he responded, leaning back so he laid down in the grass. "Depends if yout try hard enough."
          "Eh, I dunno if I'll try," Larry admitted. "I'm already starting to get tired." He laid back next to Sal, staring up at the sky. It was slowly turning from black to a dark blue, the stars still being a bit visible. The wind then picked up, causing Sal to shiver slightly. He hugged himself, Larry taking notice. He slipped his arm under Sal's neck, wrapping it around him and pulling him closer. Sal hummed slightly, nuzzling up to him. "Kinda gay, not gonna lie," he said quietly, Larry tossing his head back a bit as he let out a laugh. Sal giggled at this, eyes shutting as he rested his head against Larry. "We should head back. I don't wanna fall asleep out here," Sal said tiredly, rubbing his eye. "Yeah," Larry hummed, the two sitting up. Sal went to reach for his mask, but Larry had snatched it before he could grab it. He furrowed his brows as Larry held it up, grinning at him. Larry did nothing but pucker his lips, Sal rolling his eyes. "You're an idiot," he mumbled as he leaned forward, their lips connecting gently. Larry lowered his arm, setting Sal's mask down before he cupped his cheek. The two pulled away, Sal's scarred cheeks being a pale pink color now. Larry's grin returned, watching as Sal quickly put his mask back on. "Hurry up. Before I leave you here," Sal threatened, clearly flustered. "Yeah yeah, calm your tits," Larry responded as he stood, grabbing the bag of sweets.

(If you have any requests, please leave them in the comments! I don't have too many ideas for this book, so I'm open to any ideas :] )