Chapter 2 Azure Plant

Start from the beginning

Hajime: H-Huh? What's up?

Hajime stuttered, confused. Considering the circumstances, her actions seemed oddly timed. The effects of the flash grenade would wear off any minute. Plus, Hajime's wounds had finished healing. He needed to return to the fray as soon as possible. Yet in spite of all that, Yue wrapped a hand around his neck.

Yue: Hajime... trust in me.

As she said that, Yue kissed the nape of his neck.

Hajime: Wha—!?

No, not kissed. Bit. Hajime felt a tiny pinprick of pain. Following that, it felt as if the energy was being sucked out of his body. He was about to shake her off, when he remembered Yue had said she was a vampire, and realized she must have been sucking his blood. When she had said "trust in me" she meant she wanted him to put aside his initial fear and revulsion at having his blood sucked.

Sora: Whatever you two are doing, you better do it fast.

Sora continue to buy time as it was keeping the scorpion busy. He transmuted the ground. The ground stopped warping in a three meter radius around him, and instead rose up to form walls that protected Hajime and Yue.

Sora: An aerial mobile attack is my specialty. Don't think for a moment you can get close to them!

Sora continue blitzing around, trying to break through its skins with his Murasame to kill it, while keeping the monster's attacks at bay until Yue finally removed her fangs from Hajime's neck. Her face was flushed as she licked the last few drops of blood off her lips. Despite how young she appeared, the gesture, combined with her flushed face, looked rather seductive. In the span of a few moments, her emaciated body had become healthy, and her porcelain-white skin glowed with new vitality. Her cheeks, once gaunt, were now a rosy pink. A warm, gentle light dwelled within her crimson eyes, and she caressed Hajime's cheek with a slender hand.

Yue: ...Thanks for the meal.

Suddenly, Yue got to her feet and brandished a hand at the scorpion thing. As she did so, a tremendous amount of mana, golden in color, poured out of her tiny body, chasing away the darkness. Then, clad in a wondrous golden light, with her golden hair fluttering around her, she muttered a single phrase.

 Then, clad in a wondrous golden light, with her golden hair fluttering around her, she muttered a single phrase