“What happened to her to make her this way?” I asked Mercy sitting down in one of the lawn chairs that the others had brought.

“I was hoping you could tell me.” Mercy replied sinking down into a chair across from me.

“No clue. When she left L.A. everything was fine. We held the funeral for her friend Amelia and she left before it was over.”

“Did you know she was pregnant?” Mercy asked looking at me.

“No. What happened?”

“She showed up in town saying she was about a two months pregnant. Told us all the father didn’t want a kid and that’s why she was here. She told me the real reason later though. Only problem was, it took her getting the shit beat out of her and losing the baby for her to tell me. She was almost four months along when it happened. It tore her up pretty bad, she told me she could already feel the baby moving. She went through the entire miscarriage in the bedroom in the house. That’s why the garage is basically a miniature house. I do know if she ever comes across the bastards that beat her, she’ll kill ‘em, and she won’t think twice about it either.”

“Do you know who did it?” Monterro asked.

“Of course I do, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to tell you.” Mercy said crossing her arms over her chest.

“Why not?” Monterro demanded.

“Because she obviously doesn’t trust you, and I don’t blame her. You have no idea what you’re dealing with, or what she has been dealing with, and you come in here, and try to take over like your opinion is the only one that matters.” Mercy yelled before getting up and storming into the garage, slamming the door behind her.

“I think you should find a way to get Hobbs here, before one of them kills you.” Leon said with a smirk on his face.

I looked around at my family, and how big it had grown, and suddenly realized why she was probably so overwhelmed. There were more people here that she didn’t know than there were people she did know, and those who did know her thought she was dead the last time she saw them.  

Looking around I saw Brian and Mia over by the side of the garage talking. Letty, and Leon were under the hood of her car, because she swore it was ticking. Tej, Roman, Monica, and Suki were standing on the back porch flirting, or at least Tej and Roman were flirting while Monica and Suki shot them down. Han and Gisele were leaning against his car chatting about random things. Sean, Twinkie, and Neela were messing around with something in Twinkies trunk. Rico and Tego were arguing like a married couple like always. Jesse and Vince were discussing the issues that keep coming up with Vince’s car, and Monterro was standing there staring at the garage door like he couldn’t understand what had just happened.

It was about five minutes later when Mercy came storming back out of the garage, and grabbed my arm. “Follow me, there’s something you need to see.”

I got up and followed her into the garage and then over to the planning room, as Jazmine called it. “I knew I had seen that guys face somewhere before, but I couldn’t figure it out. Then I came in here to look at the pictures and I figured it out. He’s right there.” Mercy said pointing to someone in the background of one of the pictures. Looking at the background of the picture I could see Monterro plain as day.

“So you said you know who cause the miscarriage. Am I allowed to know who it was?” I asked making a mental note to call Hobbs to find out what Monterro had to do with the gang that was after Jazmine.

“She has a system here. The ones with an x over them have been taken care of. The ones with the question marks she doesn’t know where they are or what their skills are. The ones with the stars are the leaders, she takes them out the whole gang scatters to the wind. The ones with no marks she knows where they are, and what they do, but hasn’t done anything about them yet. It’s the ones that really piss her off, because they’re the one who beat on her, and caused her to lose the baby. They're the circled ones.”

I looked around at the five circled faces on the wall committing them to memory in case I ever saw them. “Do you know where she would have went?” I asked looking over at Mercy as she closed and locked the door, before putting in the pin to hide the door.

“Probably the cemetery. That’s normally where she goes after spending any amount of time in the house.” Mercy said looking down at her feet.

“Thanks. I’m going to see if I can get her home, and see if I can get Hobbs here while I’m at it, or at least some answers on Monterro anyway.” I said rubbing the back of my neck before walking over to my car, suddenly glad I had parked it on the side of the road.

I got in my car, and drove over to the cemetery. I drove around for a bit until I spotted Jazmine in the section of the cemetery labels the baby garden. I put my car in park and shut it off and decided to call Hobbs before disturbing her. The phone rang a few times before Hobbs picked up.

“Hobbs.”

“Hey Hobbs. It’s Dom. I got some questions about your agent.”

“What is it? Is he causing issues?”

“You could say that. Jazmine already knocked him on his ass, and her girlfriend blew up in his face, but that’s not what I called about. I want to know what connection Monterro has with Jared’s old gang.”

“He was working undercover with them for a while, why?”

“Because Jazmine’s girlfriend Mercy noticed Monterro in a picture with one of the other gang members, and confronted me about it. I don’t think Jazmine has noticed it yet. To be honest I’m kind of hoping she doesn’t notice at all, but I think it’s a good idea for you to get out here just in case.”

“I’ll be there as soon as I can. Two days tops.” Hobbs said before hanging up the phone. With a sigh I opened the door for my car and walked over to where Jazmine was kneeling in front of a headstone. Looking over the headstone brought tears to my eyes. Rosa Hope Toretto, Taken from the world before it could see her, and beneath that was a small poem. “An angel opened up the book of life and wrote down my baby’s birth. Then she whispered as she closed the book “Too beautiful for Earth.””

“I’m sorry. I should have told you.” Jazmine whispered through the tears that were running down her face.

I dropped down to my knees beside her, and wrapped my arms around her. “It’s ok. It’s not your fault.” I whispered in her ear rubbing my hands up and down her back as tears fell from my own eyes.

“I know his voice from somewhere. Why can’t I remember where?” she muttered into my chest shaking her head back and forth.

“Whose voice? Monterro’s?” I questioned, and she nodded her head. “It’s ok. You’ll figure it out.” We sat together in silence for a while longer before we both got up, and headed back to my car. The ride home was silent.