SS: Chabashira Sae-chan Sensei

"Sae-chan sensei, good morning~" Says Satou Maya, alongside her friends Matsushita Chiaki and Shinohara Satsuki. Such a frivolous, cutesy nickname... who spread it in the first place? Though, I suppose it's their carefree attitude that allowed such a thing to foster. Well, it's only for the first month. Soon, their ideal school-life will be shattered. The question is, how will they adapt?

Throughout my experience teaching at this school, I've picked up some tricks for analyzing people and the class as a whole. Usually, how they handle the first two months is a good indicator of their potential and character. Do they maintain a good attitude during the first month? How do they adapt, if at all, to the S-System? Class unity? Notable students? Social breadth? Academics?

As I open the classroom doors with a practiced, stern expression, I imagine how I would violently crush the negligence this class has shown thus far. Chie has called me a sadist before, but that's not what this is.

This year's Class D is... promising. More promising than the usual mess that wash up in this classroom. I would even say a 1 in 100,000, or perhaps 1 in 100,000,000 or even 1 in 100,000,000,000. But in the end, most of them are incomplete jewels, only exerting a fraction of their potential. To promote their growth, I should destroy them more thoroughly than usual: diamonds can't be formed without pressure, after all.

But at the same time, I need to make sure they can come back. I cannot squander this valuable opportunity by being overly antagonistic, but I still need to be strict enough to promote growth. It's quite difficult, but I am prepared to take whatever measure I must.

Even if it brings me more regret in the future, this old grudge of mine—this old desire that's festered for far too long—must be resolved.

The day after the reveal, I found myself thinking back on a certain conversation. A certain black-haired, model student came up and asked if we could talk in a private location.

"Then, Sensei, I'll get to the point. Why was I put into Class D?"

Horikita Suzune... the little sister of the current student council president, Horikita Manabu. Sixth place in the entrance exams. Impressive physical ability. Spotless track record. Arrogant.

Wants to reach class A more than anyone else.

"So, you consider yourself a superior person?"

As I think back on this conversation, I found myself thinking. I could've, perhaps, used her. I could've told her about certain students that were hiding their true capabilities, ones that could become Class D's secret weapon and greatest fighting strength. Then, perhaps, she could drag out some cooperation.

However, there were a few problems with that plan. First, there hasn't been any notable behaviour or grades, including the entrance exams, that I could use as evidence of excellence. I could still plant a seed of doubt in her, but the effectiveness is doubtful and I would be antagonizing my greatest assets without assurance. Though the problem of evidence has been solved with the surprise exam, Ayanokouji could've recorded me saying only the total scores will be revealed. If so, I could get into trouble with the school again.

I have to tread carefully as to not waste this opportunity. That day, I was questioned on the roof, I could feel my composure cracking with every word. Somehow, even without me saying anything specific, it felt like everything was being revealed. Even if I was a bit generous with my hints, back then my intuition was blaring out loud. It told me that in front of my eyes was the real deal. A bona-fide genius.

And to trap a genius, I need an opportunity. I need surprise.

More specifically, I need a moment where we can be alone without any record of our conversation being made.

That opportunity will come... but for now, I'll wait. I've been patient for so long; another month or two is nothing.

But, soon...