Chapter 10

Few months passed and it was the time of Term I Examination. Sidharth and Shehnaaz would often do group studies, with an excuse of helping Sidharth as he was new to school. Lol. New. Even after months. But there has to be an excuse. Arpita was always beside these two and has even suggested them to become boyfriend-girlfriend.

Flashback Start
They were sitting under a tree in the park as they were tired after playing pakdam-pakdaai. Suddenly Arpita said, "Bhaiya uss din maine kuch bola tha na. Kya socha aapne?"
"Tu toh kayi cheeze bolti hai. Konsi baat ka puch rahi hai?" He said confused while looking at Shehnaaz's face which mirrored his expression.
"Arey vo didu ko girlfriend banane ki." She said casually.

Shehnaaz's expressions turned from that of confusion to shocked. She never expected this little girl to have such a big mouth.
Sidharth's blushed but replied, "Zyaada badi baate nahi kar rahi tu. Aayi badi girlfriend-boyfriend ka gyaan dene waali. Seekha kaha se tu ne yeh sab?"

"Aap toh aise bol rahe ho jaise movies mai kuch aata hi nahi hai. Wahi se toh suna tha. Phir vo hero-heroine ke saame phool bhi toh aa jaata hai na. Pata nahi vo kyu laate hai saamne phool ko." replied Arpita recalling some scenes of old movies which she saw while her bade papa was watching them.

Sidharth thanked the Almight innerly for letting her watch romantic scenes of old movies and not the new ones. He composed himself and said, "Vaise bana na kya hai. She is my girlfriend." Shehnaaz gasped at his words and wondered what if her family comes to know about this.

Looking at her horrified face he continued, "Friend toh hai hi yeh meri aur girl bhi hai. Ho gayi na girlfriend." Shehnaaz sighed but her cheeks were flushed without her knowledge.
"Yeh dono bhai-behen pagal hai. Attack aa jaana hai logon ko inki baate sun ke." She thought.
Flashback Ends

Sidharth laughed till his cheeks hurt. Shehnaaz looked at him confused and smiling who was at his home for studies. Arpita too was puzzled as to why his brother started laughing for no reason while studying. Ravindra who has just come from his work was also perplexed and so was Asha and Sudha who came out from the kitchen.

"Kya hua Sidharth?" asked his father.
"Kuch nahi baba." He replied to his father and then turned towards Asha and said "Badi maa yeh chuhiya bohat chaalak hai. Kya khaaya tha iske hone se pehle?"

Arpita was offended. She said pouting, "Maine toh abhi sachi kuch nahi bola. Shehnaaz didi se puch ho bhale hi." Shehnaaz nodded in her defence.
"Haan pata nahi inhe kya hua. Padhte-padhte hasne lag gaye. Aru toh padh rahi thi shaanti se." Shehnaaz defended Arpita in front of the elders.

"Maine kab bola isne kuch kaha ya kara." said Sidharth trying to muffle his laughter.
"Toh kyu hans raha hai Sidharth." asked Sudha.
He replied "Kuch nahi Maa. Bass kuch yaad aa gaya tha."
All the elders went from there hearing him. He looked back at Shehnaaz who looked cute and Arpita who was frowning at him.

They studied for two hours from then and finally Sidharth went to drop Shehnaaz as it was late. Yeah, it was late. 7:30 pm. Also, it was like Shehnaaz lived miles away to be dropped. But he has to do it to prevent the Gills from caging her.

"I so wish ki tu aise kisi pe depend na rahe. But for now it is not in my hands." He thought with a sigh and retired to bed.

The next day the trio was ready for their exam. Gurvinder tried to mingle with them as he felt that being with Sidharth was a safer option as the older boys of the area would not do his ragging. But Sidharth made sure to maintain a safe distance from him after that incident at the Gill house. Not because he feared him but for Gurvinder's safety. He knew though they never loved Shehnaaz, she is not like them. She still unconsciously wished for her family's love and affection.

"Chale bhai" asked Gurvinder making Sidharth roll his eyes at Gurvinder for being so clingy to him.
"Kyu meri baarat nikal rahi hai jo tu usme naachega" He asked with an irritated expression.
Arpita being a loquacious one interrupted, "Arey yeh kyu naachenge aapki shaadi mai. Yeh toh ladki ke bhai hai na. Matlab inko toh saara kaam karna padega na jaise mehmaano ki khaatirdaari, kursi-mez uthana."
Sidharth laughed at this and said "Bohat intelligent hoti jaa rahi hai tu. Chhoti hai par chant hai."
Shehnaaz, who understood what Arpita said a little late, was standing with an expression of shock and her jaw was almost touching the ground.

Gurvinder scratched his head and said, "Matlab?"
"Matlab kuch nahi hai. Bass the theme of Aru's speech was ki thoda kaam karna seekh le. Kaam aayega." Sidharth said and winked looking at Shehnaaz. Arpita laughed frantically.

They reached the school and dispersed according to their sitting arrangement. After the exam, Shehnaaz came out giggling and giving each and every detail about her exam. He was just praising her using words like "Hein sachi", "Arey waah", "Top karegi tu toh" etc.

They went back to their respective houses only to meet again for group studies at Sidharth's house in the evening.

-------◇◇◇◇◇-------

NOTE : - First of all, I am really sorry for being so late. I was very badly occupied for the last 1 month. My Internship has been completed and my tests too. So I will try and give early updates from now.
      So this chapter is up for reading and criticism. Do tell me to areas of improvement in my story and writing.

Also, if you want to add any scene or suggest some scenes, you all are heartily welcome.

《LOL...I forgot the plot...khudne maine saare chapters padh ke new update likha hai aaj...infact mai toh kuch characters ke name bhi bhul gayi thi》

{Published on : - Saturday, 26 March 2022}

_________________________________________

Keep Sidharth and his family in your prayers.

Your writer,
Sudhanya