Chapter 101 - She wasn't Going to Let him Die

Start from the beginning

Seraphina felt dizzy and her palm was still bleeding so it made her hold on the sword a bit slippery. Yet she held it in her claw-like grip. As she went ahead.

"I wish I could see his face now." He laughed and added, "After I use it to the fullest I will go hunt, Jord."

Seraphina was having enough as she dashed toward him, her adrenaline going bonkers and she swung the sword but missed and Zekalis teased, "What's with this futile attempt. You can never harm me, little Flame Queen."

But Sera swirled back and took the sword in her left hand as it stung on the wounds. She clenched her jaws in pain and with her motion, she swung around the sword. Zekalis back stepped immediately and the sword got past his eyes by a few inches and she fell on her mouth, cracking her nose.

Zekalis laughed and kicked her in the back saying, "You don't even have powers to defeat me. You should have listened to that dragon boy."

Her nose bled but she laughed instead which made a frown on Zekalis's face as she said, "Now you can't run away."

Zekalis couldn't understand but then he looked down and saw Seraphina use her sword to pin his rob on the wall. He was about to take off his rob when Seraphina stood up and punched his face with all the power she could muster. She smirked, "If my father was here, this was the punch he would have given...just like the old times."

Her punch was so hard that two of his teeth fell on the floor as Zekalis finally managed to take off his robe. But now he was angry. He was playing around till now but now it seemed he was getting serious. Veins popped out on his forehead and his eyes turned red as a bull getting angry.

Seraphina took out her sword from the wall and re-shaped her nose as it bled more. She closed her eyes tightly in pain and wiped out the blood on her mouth with her sleeves.

"Just like Jord, so stubborn." He didn't let Seraphina take a chance to defend herself as wind blades came out of his hands one by one.

Seraphina got hit by one of them as the sleeve of her right hand fell off and she got a deep cut there. She moaned in pain. She took out her sword and defended herself with it but the sword had no wind stone thus the impact of the wind blades made her yanked back each time they hit her sword.

Seraphina's whole body got cuts but she still didn't falter and it made Zekalis more angry as kept telling her, "You will be killed if you try to oppose. Surrender yourself."

Seraphina kept getting hit and now her sword got cracks from his wind blades and she said, "Never. I will never surrender even if I die."

Now Zekalis got more angry as his wind blades turned more sharper than before and he signed his hands as many ancient symbols appeared around Seraphina. Seraphina was about to break away from the round symbols but Zekalis threw one of his sharp wind blades.

Seraphina pointed her sword at it as a mere attempt to shield herself from the incoming attack but as soon as the blade got in contact with the wind blade, it broke in half and the sharp wind cut her chest as she fell on the floor, moaning at the pain.

The circle of symbols didn't disappear as it glowed with a violet glow and Zekalis laughed and said, "Now I will suck out all the power of the blue flames you have." Zekalis laughed hysterically as he had won, "I don't care about the buyer anymore as long as I have that power to myself."

Seraphina could not move as her whole body screamed with agonizing pain and she was losing blood. Her breathing was rapid as tears streamed out of her eyes and she wanted to go toward Demian. She didn't know what this ritual was but it felt like the same ritual her father used on her to seal her powers. Was he going to get her powers?

She didn't even feel sad because all these months, she had been living without her powers and if her powers were gone, she still had herself.

The ancient symbols were now moving, creating a barrier around her so she would not run away from it. She breathed slowly and looked at where Demian was as she cried mumbling to herself, "I'm so sorry, Demian. I could not protect you this time and you got involved instead."

As her eyes moved toward the place where Demian was, she saw Demian was trying to stand up while his legs had turned into dragon's.

He growled in agony as Zekalis's attention went there. Zekalis got stiffened and he made a symbol in the air with his one hand while the other one was doing the symbols of the magic Seraphina was into. The air whirled around his hand and it took the shape of an arrow. A translucent arrow but enough to distinguish its shape from the surrounded air.

Seraphina knew what he was trying to do. The arrow moved its direction toward where Demian was and Seraphina's eyes moved toward the prince, it seemed he was finally able to stand up although his transformation wasn't finished. Seraphina's heart thumped and she knew Zekalis's wind can cut through anything. Seraphina moved her body but it was too painful. No matter what she could not let him die. It was all her fault that Demian got involved and now Zekalis was going to kill him.

"Don't. Please, don't come here, Demian!" She shouted with the rest of the energy she had in her body but Demian wasn't in a mood to listen. He took a small step and looked at Zekalis with an angry gaze. His eyes had turned into those reptiles. Demonic red eyes as two horns had appeared on his head. He took another step. His hands had become like claws with four digits as well as his legs. Large to small, all sizes of scales adorned him.

Seraphina looked at the arrow again as Zekalis moved his hand. He was ready to send that arrow.

Seraphina's heart pumped in her ears and her insides screamed in fear and she ordered her body to move. Please, move! I don't want anything but Demian. Please, move! Her mind chanted as her body finally got the power to move and she stood up as well.

She dashed toward Demian but collided with the symbolic barrier. She punched it with her injured fists, gaining more injuries as her skin started to peel off by now.

"Move! Move! Move!" She screamed as she kept punching. Demian now started to walk toward her as if he could not see anything that was happening around him, nothing but her. He was walking like someone was making him walk toward her. He wasn't even blinking.

Seraphina looked at Zekalis who had finished making the arrow and it was even sharper than the blades he was sending her. "No!" She screamed at Zekalis, "You dare to hurt him, Zekalis. I swear I will kill you!"

Zekalis laughed as he said, "Let's see who kills whom." And the arrow went.

For a second, Seraphina's heart stopped. She could not hear, listen, or feel as her eyes saw the arrow going toward Demian with a fast pace. Her breaths had stopped. Everything around her stopped as if the time wasn't moving at all, only her tears ran down on her cheeks.

There was no life if there wasn't Demian beside her. Her rage, her happiness, her sadness, everything belonged to him. In that one second, she recalled every moment she had spent with him and it was the best moment she had. Demian was the best thing that had happened to her.

And she wasn't going to let him die so easily...

Her heart pumped with a renowned vigor as adrenaline rushed through her cells. Her body burnt as if she was on top of the burner and soon the whole chamber was devoured by her blue flames.