S I X

Tristan was not the most popular guy in the school

There was never just one.

He was apart of the many.

He was just the best in the team. And I hated to admit that at some point I had realized that all the boys he joined were extremely attractive.

I just found Tristan the most dreamy.

They all have their own reputation. Unfortunately I never learnt anything about them. Not even their names. I just focused on one.

Students don't divide themselves into certain groups just because of their wealth or fame. They don't join another person because they hold the same position as them.

They're friends with whoever they want. Just some like to join others in their league so they aren't lowered for hanging out with someone less popular or cooler.

"What happened to your hand?" Mindy questions. Raises her eye brows while she scans my hand wrapped neatly with a bandage.

"Bruised knuckles." Lucian decides to answer. I don't understand why he's still walking with me. "She punched this girl in our class."

Mindy grows a grin and I silently agree with a nod. Smiling tightly I pull away my arm.

"What were you doing in their class though?" Martha raises an eyebrow. Scans my appearance.

"The teacher sent a few students there. She needed place for two guys, I think one punched the other so it's their punishment." I explain. Reaching forward to slide open a chair when Lucian stops me.

He walked all the way to the table with me. I never questioned it.

I skipped two classes. Walked around a little and spent most of the time in a bathroom stall with my phone.

Now it's recess again. Two more periods after and them back home where I can beg my mother to tell me how I have no recollection of the weekend.

"Come sit with us." He tells me. His face is blank when I was waiting for the smile. The laugh to follow. But nothing.

He's serious.

"What?" Martha chimes in. Slowly raises off her chair. "Why?"

Lucian slips in a short simple glance at her before he trails that gaze back to mine.

I'm frozen in place. I don't know whether to agree or not.

He ignores her. Speaks to me instead. "Do you wanna sit with us today?"

I can't reply. My thoughts are fading into blankness the more I try to concentrate.

There's no way a boy who didn't mind stabbing me would allow me to sit there. There's only guys at that table. I'll become even more hated.