"Eren, what did you get?" You placed the paper down face up, showing him your own grade. You turned to look at him, his face was pale. Drained of all color. "Eren?" You reached out on instinct grabbing his wrist and tugging it. He looked over at you, his face contorted in absolute shock. "Whats wrong?"

"I failed it." Matter of factly he spoke out. The paper still at an angle only he could read. "Colt fucking  failed me."

"What!" You released your hold on him, shocked as ever at his confession. "That's impossible, you never fail." That statement was true, Eren had a perfect score in everything science related. He was good at this stuff, better than everyone else. He was on track to be a doctor just like his brother and dad.

He put his paper down on the table, the red ink now in your vision. "I can't do this right now." Eren abruptly got up from the chair, phone now in his hands as he unlocked it and walked out the door. No one batted an eye at the actions. You let him go, knowing he would have to come back in for his bag at least.

Right on top of the exam was the grade that Colt had given him.

A 64. One point away from passing. 

It had to be on purpose. You pulled the test over to your side, and began to flip through it. Almost every answer on the page was marked up, unlike your own that just had a single grade on the top - nothing more, nothing less.

Each question had points taken off for legibility of written words, punctuation, and even imperfect lines on the graphs that Eren had drawn. Colt had ripped him up, when in reality, you should have that grade.

You needed to talk to Colt. You were tapping on his name to send him a passive aggressive "???" when the door that Eren had just gone out of clicked open again. The brunette stood in the doorway.

"Professor Hange?" He raised his hand up, unmoving from his position. 

"Yeah Eren?" Hange looked up at him, voice high pitched in confusion. Their face matched their feelings on the matter, a cock of the head looking right at the boy at the back of the room. A few of your classmates turned back to look at him.

"I got a phone call from the hospital. Permission for y/n and I to leave class?"

Your face went from Hange to Eren, as did the rest of the class who turned to the conversation as soon as the word hospital  come from his lips. What he asked for was so bold, so unlike him. Also, a total fucking lie. He was pissed at his grade and couldn't handle doing a lab right now. There was no shot that the hospital called him of all people. Of course he had to drag you into it too, it probably made it more believable for Hange if he plopped you into his dumb scheme.

"Permission granted, I guess." Hange shrugged back at him. Knowing the personal situation, they let it slide- most of the faculty was made aware of what happened on Halloween. You and your friends had get out of jail privileges for the next couple of weeks.

"Awesome, thank you." Eren nodded, now rushing over to your lab table. One of his hands grabbed his belongings, the other grabbed your arm; tightly wrapping his fingers all the way around it. "I'll email you about making up the lab."

"Yeah, yeah - it's fine." Hange let out a laugh from up front, a cackling tone of laughter rang around the echoing room. "Just leave now before you interrupt more of my time." 

Their voice drastically changed in tone, the lighthearted nature changing to one of threat. Eren didn't say anything back, he just nodded then yanked you up off the chair. Dragging your ass out of the room.

Once down the hall you stopped in your tracks, shoving his hand off. "What the hell Eren?!" You threw your hands up.

"I'm sorry." He sighed out, eyes looking at the floor rather than you. Eren felt embarrassed and ashamed at what he had just done. His seething bat of rage dissipating to an uncomfortable feeling of dread. "I just could't sit in that class- I've never failed a test before." He admitted. Eren shifted on his feet, still staring at the ground. "My dad...he checks my grades..."