𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"Shoot."

"I can't."

"Why?"

"Becau-"

"Because why?"

"..I'm scared."

The man stops his pacing, he kneels, coming face to face with a nine year old child. She breathes heavily, hands shaking, slim arms being weighed down by the weight of the weapon in her small hands.

He encircles his larger hands around hers, "I don't want to hurt people." She mumbles.

"But they will hurt you." Her eyes cast downward and the man sighs, with his free hand he gently raises her head. "I know this is hard, but you must. The world we live in, the world we are apart of .. it is not for the weak. You must hunt or be hunted. Kill or be killed. And you will NOT be killed."

The girl blinks, a smile slowly breaking out onto her childish face, "was that supposed to be a pep talk? If so, you should really just stick to killing people."

He laughs, "little asshole. Go on, shoot."

Gun raised, eyes on her target. Before, her heart was beating out of her chest, she couldn't even process the then and now, time was mushed together and it made her head spin. A deep breath in and a deep breath out. She focused her sights, steadied her shaking... and pulled the trigger.

The woman's eyes are stuck in a trance, stuck staring at the weapon she now held. A small smile gracing her plump lips.

"First order of business." Mike starts standing in front of the round table. "Alix."

She graces him a single glance, a sign to show that he has her attention. "You are now semi officially, apart of our team. Whatever problems you have or questions you need answers to, can be solved by us."

"No the hell they can't."

She rolls her eyes, "I would entrust my life to a coupe of chickens before I ask you anything."

"It would be a group of chickens, huh monkey?"

Alix smirks, she's definitely going to like it here.

In the corner of the room, Damon stands with his arms folded. His fingers were tapping on his arm in a rhythmic beat. He was anxious.

For the past month all he did with his free time was workout. I mean what else could he possibly do? He needed some type of outlet, something to keep his mind free of the woman that haunted his dreams.

But, it was hard. How could he possibly rid himself of something that was so close, yet, so far away.

If Damon couldn't bare to be near her, no one could. So, he made it very clear that if anyone approached her, wether it be friend or foe he would kill them.

Although, this did not go over well with Ballard and Alix, by the subtle glares here and there, it didn't bother him none, as far as he could tell everything worked out perfectly fine.

"Y'all really want me on the team, huh?"

"No, but we don't have a choice." Jace retorts, earning a glare from Alix.

"I mean, shithead, the last time I went out with y'all we got shot at, twice," she uses her hands to motion between herself and Damon, "an old lady tried to poison me, evidence was disappearing left and right, the suspect got away with two victims still missing, AND not to mention, we don't even know who the hell the suspect really is."

All of which is true, someone was able to pretend as if they were Chief Alexander Boise, they had his face, body, hell even his DNA. If they hadn't left things in the hands of another team, it would have only continued to get worse.

"Let's not forget, she doesn't even have a fraction of her memories back." Tatiana chimes in from beside Alix. Her fiery hair was slicked back into a low ponytail, her body imprisoned by a three piece suit.

"Exactly, that's all the more reason we need her."

Ballard stands, hand in pocket, as he paces the room. "From what I've gathered, that case back in Seattle was no accident. Rather, what I mean to say, it was no coincidence that this team, was working on it."

"What you tryin' to say old man?"

"Someone, wanted you, Alix, to be there at that specific point in time."

She chuckles, spinning the gold badge on her finger tips, her tight coils braided down on her scalp. A small scar ran down the middle of her right brow, adding a little rugged look to her rather innocent doll like facade.

"That's bull-" the badge stops spinning and she makes eye contact with the old man before her, "-shit."

The man, standing almost at 6ft, huffs. His white hair gelled down and slicked back, stood out like a sore thumb. A thumb Alix so badly wanted to step on. Maybe it was his hair, or maybe, just maybe it was the lights. It's always those damn lights. 

A scolding pain, something like the steam from a tea kettle burned Alix's brain. Her fingers grasped at the cold metal object in a vice grip.

And just like last time. Her vision went white. "Shit."

bzzzzz

"Again."

bzzzzz

"Again."

bzzzzz

A girl, no older than 24 lay sprawled out over a surgical bed, wires, needles, and cords connected to various parts of her immobile body. A gag restrained her from speaking, but the fire in her eyes told everything she wanted to say.

Above her stood a many of men, doctors, lackey's, 'soldiers', hell the whole crew. But, only one stood out, the white lab coat painfully noticeable. In his hands he held two identical objects, something like ear muffs. A sinister grin plastered on his face, he rubbed the two ends together, enticing her for what she knew to come, he placed them on either side of the young girls temples, and spoke.

"Again."

bzzzzz

The sound of a phone buzzing and singing, pulled Alix from her void. "Shit, I need to take this." Mike steps out, an urgent matter from the looks of it.

How long was she out of it? A minute? Maybe less? Who knows, but it's always different. The time always changes, the events always change.

One moment she's going through hell and the next.. she's in a fantasy land. In both she's two completely different people. In one she's fierce, brave, and resilient, yet, in the other she's gentle, fearful, and loving.

How could those words have ever applied to her at some point? The all powerful Alix.. loving? What a joke. Yet, here she is holding fragments of a past she would always dream of. What a luxury it must have been. If only she held more than mere fragments, but clearly that was wishful thinking.

Selfish. Alix had never felt more selfish than she had in this moment, here she is wishing for a life back that she doesn't even remember, while the life she does remember was snatched away, taken right from under her nose.

Everyone she knew, the agency, her friends, her family, they were gone. But she swore, on everything she loved, she would get revenge.

Man, she couldn't wait to get started.