Introduction

Eve

I could feel my body shaking under his intense gaze. His eyes trailed from my dirty feet up to my face. I couldn't read his mind or at least have an idea of what was running through his head. He had a straight face, his eyes blue as the ocean and they drowned me in...Its like I was hipnotized and completely forgot where I was standing and almost got hit by a car.
But no, I was okay. I was safe because he pulled me from the road and held me to his body.

The heat from his body was so welcoming and tempting for me to wrap my arms around him. But I couldn't, he was a stranger and yet here I was, gasping for air and shaking in his arms.wishing he could just hold me like that forever and never let me go.
But I guess nothing lasts for ever.

"Be careful next time little girl."

His husky voice sent chills down my spine. So deep and velvety, I looked up and stared at his handsome face. How can someone be so beautiful and yet so intimidating.

He raised his finger and gently stroked my bottom lip. So slowly and carefully. I had some breadcrumbs at the corner of my mouth and he cleaned them off.
I looked away feeling embarrassed . He just chuckled and then walked away, living me alone on the side walk , mesmerised and in awe.

He was richly and smartly dressed. I could tell from how intimidating and authoritative he was that he has a  high position or working as a manager.

If only I had or lived such a soft life.
But I can't escape reality.

"Eve! You stupid bitch. Come here. What did I say about coming home late?" My so called husband yells at me for the tenth time today.

"Sorry I..uh

"Forget it! Go to the kitchen and do your duty." He harshly scolds and I rush to the kitchen to cook him a meal.

I need a miracle. Anything to get me out of this marriage.

****