Peter's Day

The golden sunlight filtering through the blinds into his face is what woke him up, it must be later than he thought as JARVIS only opens his blinds when it's after 9:30am. He contemplates lying in bed for a while and falling back asleep but for once he feels well rested, not that he would tell Dad that as he might send him to bed earlier every night. Now that he thinks about it, he doesn't remember falling asleep so maybe he was more tired last night than he thought he was. Although no one was more tired than his brother I mean he nearly fell asleep on his dinner plate.

Thinking of his 'new' brother; there's been a lot of new adjustments made for him. His dad and Bucky have spoken to him loads about what's happening and that he's not being replaced, and he's still loved. Truthfully, he's been a little jealous of the attention he's getting but then he looks at his brother's little cute face and can't seem to be mad when his blue eyes are watering, and he doesn't understand what's going on. He doesn't see him any differently mainly because Peter has always seen him as his brother, I mean there was always a reason he wasn't 'Uncle Steve' he was more of a big brother, well now he's more of a little brother.

Bucky was the one to explain why Steve was acting younger than his age, and it was mainly because after a particularly hard battle against Hydra, that it had caused many emotional problems, mixed with his rough childhood, has led to what they are calling 'the crash.' Uncle Sam was the one to explain it to them as he had some experience of PTSD in soldiers, as well as coping methods used as treatment.

Peter surprising understood quite easily as when he is ever ill, he is treated younger than he is, and we'll that is the way to put it, his brain needs a break to process everything and needs more love and support to get better again. He just wants his little brother to be happy and if he gains a new Papa along the way, we'll let's just say he knows when his dad is happy and right now, he seems so happy and Bucky, well Peter has always had a favourite uncle and that places seems to be up for grabs again.

It wasn't long until he threw the covers off and climbed out of bed. He didn't want to get changed out of his pyjamas yet and all the good toys were in the living room but there not as fun by himself. Time to wake up his brother. His clock does say 10am so he won't get in any trouble as it's nearly lunch time. He slowly creeps out of his bedroom and makes his way down the hall. Steve's room is the other side of his dads, and now Bucky's for the last few months. Thankfully when he peeps in the ajar door, they are peacefully sleeping cuddled together although he does notice his old baby monitor on Bucky's side table, with a screen showing Steve peacefully asleep. He will have to turn that off first before waking up Steve.

The camera was easy to find in his room, only because it's his old one so he knows what teddy bear to look for. When he finds the brown bear with camera in his stomach, he turns it off and places it back down on the desk before moving towards Steve's bed. Steve was cuddled up in the middle of the bed with Leroy the lion and his blanket but no duvet. What surprised him the most was the bag he was in. He's fairly sure that's a baby sleeping bag, but then Steve has always had a problem for getting cold so he's simply happy he's not cold at night anymore. His brother was always bad at keeping his blankets at night and well this one he can't get out of. He's brothers silly sometimes. Although it must have been made by his dad as it has a zip in the back instead of the front probably to stop him taking it off himself like he always does with his socks. He's going to leave that for his dad or Bucky to do later, he's pretty sure you can still walk around in them so they can still play.

"Hey Stevie, wakie, wakie." He says as he strokes his hair like he sees Bucky do.

"Bubby?"

"No just Petey, we need to go wake Dad and Papa up and I need your help. You in?"

"We gets Dada and Papa now?" Sounding a lot more alert than he first was.