The First Signs

As he packed the last items into his duffle bag, he glanced over his shoulder to look at the sniffling soldier stood in the doorway behind him, his arms were tightly crossed over his chest, as if he was trying to stop himself from throwing them around his best friend's neck. Once the bag was zipped up securely, he turned fully around and held out his arms for his best friend to ungracefully fall into.

They embraced for a few minutes before he turned them both around and walked across the hallway into Steve's bedroom, with the man himself tucked tightly under the arm across his shoulder. He reluctantly let go of Steve and grabbed the other duffle bag making sure to pack enough clothes for three weeks. He ignored the blonde soldier smuggling some of his own shirts and hoodies in the bag and focused on finding the beloved blanket that's within reach at all times.

"Where's Blankie at, so we don't forget him. Unless you want to leave it here, hmm?"

"I gets him." Steve exclaimed before he ran off towards the living room, soon returning with a familiar blue and white fluffy blanket. Although one of the corners seemed to have disappeared inside his mouth, clearly a sign he's soothing himself.

"I will see you in a bit yeah, it's only about 3 weeks long, Tony and Clint will look after you, hmm, they are in charge so don't get that little butt of yours in trouble and try to behave like the good Lad, I know you are

"I will see you in a bit yeah, it's only about 3 weeks long, Tony and Clint will look after you, hmm, they are in charge so don't get that little butt of yours in trouble and try to behave like the good Lad, I know you are."

"I'm not a baby Buck, I can look after myself."

"Yeh well that blanket that you're currently chewing on says otherwise, I'm not sure Blankie likes being chewed on Stevie." Bucky said as he pulls the blanket from Steve's mouth and wiped a few stray tears from his cheeks. "Come on I need to go in a minute, and I haven't had any of my ribs crushed yet."

"Noooo Bu-Ubby don't go, I neeEd you." Steve shouted as he chased after Bucky and crushing him in a hug.

"Stevie, Stevie, Steve, we go through this every time I leave, it's three weeks and I'll be back before you know it. Remember Tony is in charge, and someone needs to look after Blankie for me, hmm, now go and get your bag so I can drop you off at the penthouse. If you behave yourself, I will take us both for ice cream, deal?"

"With Pe'er?"

"Yeah, of course Peter can come too. Remember, keep that nose clean and I will be back soon, I love you very much." Bucky said after a quick hug before grabbing Steve's hand and dragging him towards the elevator. JARVIS quickly complied and whizzed up towards the penthouse.

"UNCLE BUCKY!"

"Hey, Squirt I missed you, where's your Daddy at?" Bucky asked as he lifts Peter up onto his front and smacks a kiss on his cheek.

"He's in the kitchen making milkshakes for me and Stevie, he gots cookies too, common Stevie, Cookies!" He whined as he squirms down and drags Steve along behind him.