"What?"

"Nothings you earpods addict" As the two walked down the steep bridge that connected two buildings of the school, Y/n could hear the familiar voice of Su-Hyeok calling from behind. "Wearing those for too long is bad for your ears" He comments, walking next to Nam-Ra who gave him a confused look. Y/n smirked from the other side. "Earpods, they're bad for your ears" He repeated and Nam-ra finally took off her earphones, stopping in her tracks. Y/n widened her eyes ever so slightly, and to be fair a little bit shocked. She practically begged the girl to pause listening to the music and it only took Su-Hyeok's obvious words for her to stop.

"Do you wanna go visit Hyeon-Ju later?" The boy offers, anticipating a yes. "Why?" Su-Hyeok smiles an amused smile, feeling that he could finally strike up a long conversation with her. "Because you're our class president" Y/n snorted at that, catching both the teenager's attention. "What?"

"You know my mom made me class president by donating a bunch of money to the school. That's why no one else thinks of me as the real class president. So why the hell should I act like it?" Y/n was leaning on the railing by now, holding a smile as she sipped on the milk. She also saw some students running around like there were zombies after them. Y/n frowned a little when she caught sight of a student as his way of walking was very rigid. That brought y/n back to the morning incident, the student who walked past her in front of the science lab.

"I'm surprised. I've never heard you talk that much before. I thought you never said more than five words at a time" Su-Hyeok smiled saying this and Nam-ra's lips formed an unnoticeable smile. Before the two could continue, y/n turned around, standing next to Nam-ra with a tense expression. "I'll go check something out, whatever you do, don't get on the school grounds. Bye!" She gave Nam-ra a wink before rushing off and the boy's eyes widened. "Stay off the school grounds?"

Su-Hyeok's vision suddenly shifted to their front and watched as a male student rushed in from the other side of the bridge. "Help!" He screeched before a female student jumped on him, biting off a chunk of flesh from his neck. Blood pools around him as the female student peels off further flesh. Nam-Ra gasps as Su-Hyeok tugs her hand. They both run away from the scene, dashing past students rushing for their lives too.

Back inside the cafeteria, I-sak was forcing On-Jo to question Cheong-San about Y/n's love life, since the two were pretty close. On-Jo would have preferred Nam-ra but they barely had any conversation before and y/n's seatmate was Hee-Su who apparently fled the school or so she thought. "Hey Cheong-san, did y/n tell you something?"

"About what?" The confused boi asks, cleaning his hands with tissue paper. "Like if she likes someone or whatnot..." On-Jo trailed off, noticing the questioning face he had. "You know she barely talks anything personal to me, but what for?" On-Jo sighed, looking around to catch any eavesdropping students, but found none. "You can't tell anyone okay?" Cheong-San nodded, not understanding where the girl was going with her words. "I asked her out earlier, but I don't know. She hasn't said anything. Hey, Any chance you could ask her what she thinks about me?" Cheong-San laughed awkwardly while I-Sak sighed with a knowing gaze.

"We're not close"

"Yes, you are! Can't you help me for once?" Cheong-San looked away at that and On-Jo huffed. "You're not my friend" Suddenly a blood-curdling scream was heard, followed by a few students scrambling inside the cafeteria. Behind the group was a herd of other students, who looked all bloody and had freshly bleeding wounds. They growled at the teenagers inside and began to feast on their tender flesh. The students began to run around, trying to save themselves from their peers. While some were too scared to move, watching their friends kill each other.

On-Jo ran beside I-Sak but got tackled to the ground by an infected student. He growled at her with his bloody mouth while patches of the crimson liquid stained her jacket. She stared at the student in shock, but with momentary fear. Her eyes hardly blinked and before she knew it, On-Jo was back on her feet, as Cheong-san pulled her up while running. I-sak and On-Jo hid under a table while Cheong-San looked out for more of his savage peers.

Outside the chaotic school was y/n, beating the shit out of an already infected student. "Motherfucker you bit that cute guy! How could you! You arsehole!" The girl gave a final blow to its head with a wooden plank and the student dropped still. Y/n panted in a mediocre rhythm, watching as Hee-Su walked out of the school gates. "Yah! Park Hee-Su! Stay Safe the two of you!" The called-out girl turned back, looking at y/n with wide eyes. Of course, she was her seatmate, it only took her three days to figure out that Hee-Su was pregnant.

"Th-thank you Y/n! I... I'll keep it safe!" The shooter only smiled and waved as the other girl left. Y/n sighed instantly, cleaning her hands on her torn jacket. A few infected had tried to bite her and she was thankful to herself for choosing leather. From inside the school, y/n could hear a series of screams, pointing out the massacre transpiring there. "There goes my off day. I gotta get my bag"

Waddling up the stairs, she stuck to the wall, hoping to climb up a wall and possibly avoid a room full of zombies. Yes, the term was not attractive for Y/n but they sure were useful to address these monstrous creatures that emerged from humans. How on earth did Hyosan high become a ground zero for a zombie outbreak? What created this? Or rather who?