"Your beauty", he said. "But it knocks me out everytime. Like I'm seeing you for the very first time. You're so beautiful..."

And she'd thought she'd be used to his extreme compliments by now. Apparently not. Seher blushed to the roots of her hair.

"Surely you weren't thinking that I was beautiful, when you first saw me?" She asked, thoughtfully.

She remembered the moment. She'd been terrified of him, when she'd first met him. His expression had been permanently fixated in a death scowl and she'd been sure that he would kill her on the spot. The following weeks had only heightened her fear of him.

It still astonished her how far they'd come. Now she couldn't imagine a life without him.

"I was angry with you at first", Yaman admitted. "You were so stubborn. You defied me at every turn. Then I saw you for who you were- a strong, beautiful woman. Truth to be told, I was jealous of everyone around you. Even Yusuf..."- his voice was sheepish."...don't blame me. I'm possessive when it comes to what's mine".

Seher chuckled at that. She understood him. When you grow up on streets, surrounded by thieves and mobsters, with the risk of everything being stolen from you, you learn to be protective. In Yaman's case, it had triggered the possessive side of him.

Yaman brushed her hair away from her shoulders and pressed his lips to the pulse point on her neck. Seher shivered and closed her eyes. He ran his hands up and down her sides, his touch feather- soft and her body responded to him, like it always did.

"Are you tired?" He muttered against her skin.

Seher turned around in his arms, peering into his eyes which were already dark with desire.

"Aren't you tired? You've been behind the wheel for hours..."

He let his gaze wander all over the contours of her face, as if he was memorizing her. Then he pushed back her hair and cupped her cheek.

"I'm never tired when it comes to you", he said. "Besides, I have a feeling that this vacation is going to be good for us. I want to start it with something beautiful".

Seher smiled, putting her arms around his neck.

"I'd like that too..."

With a breathy exhale, Yaman leaned down and claimed her mouth in a deep kiss.

************************************

"Come take a walk with me", Yaman said, holding out his hand.

Seher looked up from her task of putting away the picnic things. They'd just had lunch. Now at the lake, Ziya was showing Yusuf how to put a string to a fishing rod. Çiçek smiled at Seher.

"You go, Seher. I'll clean out the rest here".

Seher grabbed Yaman's hand and pulled herself up to her feet. She'd healed up nice during the past few weeks and she'd even gained some weight. There was colour in her cheeks for a change and her green eyes sparkled. Yaman smiled at her.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing", he said. "I'm glad to see you up and healthy. You're alright, aren't you?"

"I'm happy", she admitted, sliding her arm around his waist. "What about you, are you happy?"

They stopped near Ziya and Yusuf. Seher took a bottle from her pocket to rub citronella oil on Yusuf's bare wrists and calves. In this heat, mosquitoes seemed to be abundant here. They didn't want the child to be sick from mosquito bites. Once they trailed away from the lake, Seher looked up at Yaman.