An older couple came down the wooden stairs and approached them slowly. Hair streaked with gray, clothes meticulous, they reminded Seher of someone's grandparents, who would throw dinners every weekend and bring flowers to the graduations of their grandchildren. She felt herself easing up.

"Oh, welcome. Welcome", The woman came forward, smiling. "Hello, I'm Çeyda. You must be Mr Yaman's wife?"

Seher shook hands with her. "Hello! I'm Seher".

"Is this your son?" She asked, lightly touching Yusuf's curly hair.

He raised his head and looked around blinking.

"This is my nephew", Seher smiled at Yusuf's confused expression. "Good evening, sweetheart! Did you sleep well?"

"Uh huh. Did we come to the place, auntie?"

Seher nodded. Yusuf slid down from her arms and trailed towards the cabin, eyes already locked on the bunnies. Çiçek followed him. Seher turned back to the couple and held out her hand at the man.

"Hello! It's nice to meet you..."

He smiled grimly. "I'm Kaan".

He glanced at the car.

"So your husband is the one who bought my cabin? I didn't know. He purchased it through the agency. If I'd known he was a businessman I wouldn't have sold my house to him..."

Seher blinked, hearing the animosity in his words. Çeyda nudged her husband in warning.

"So when will the construction begin?"

"I beg you pardon?" She said.

"He's going to convert my cabin into a guesthouse, isn't he? The money will be good. Mount Ararat is a popular destination among tourists", His voice dripped with contempt. "After all, what's more precious to a businessman than a way to make more money...."

"My husband bought this cabin for our family", Seher said pleasantly, cutting him off. "This will be our home for the next week and hopefully more weeks to come in the future. This place looks too cozy and warm to be just an impersonal guesthouse...."

The man looked surprised. When he glanced back at Yaman and Ziya loading off the luggage, his expression was less hostile this time.

"I better go and give them a hand then..."

Çeyda ushered them inside to freshen up and have dinner. Later, Seher carried a sleepy Yusuf into his room, which he would share with Çiçek. His eyes were already closing by the time she tucked him in. Then she went looking for the master bedroom.

Seher opened the door. Moonlight filtered in through the large window, painting everything in a soft silvery light. The smell of pine was stronger here.

Her gaze traveled over the furniture in the room- the large canopy bed, the wooden armoire and the dressing table and various other knickknacks. Their suitcases were placed at the foot of the bed- she'd have to wait until tomorrow to unpack them.

Seher walked over to the window and threw it open. A cool breeze blew in, lifting her hair off her shoulders. Their room faced a beautiful garden stretching towards a sparkling lake. Wildflowers dotted the garden and a lone cow slept near the edge of the woods, its ears twitching to every noise.

A sound from behind her made Seher turn around. Yaman stood leaning against the doorframe, watching her through warm eyes. He sucked in a deep breath and walked towards her.

"I thought I'd be used to it by now", he said, linking his arms around her waist, from behind. Seher leaned back against him, unconsciously.

"What?"